|feelings|

I sighed and rolled over, hitting something hard. I gasped and sat up abruptly. I clutched my chest and laid back down. "Easy there." Dom chuckled next to me. I lifted my head and glanced beside me. "How long have you been there?" I asked. I felt kinda awkward and nervous that he was propped up on my bed but I shouldn't be, he'd sat on the bed in the hospital more than once. "Not long." He shrugged, but his eyes definitely gave him away. Now that I think about it, I could smell him before I fell to sleep. 

"I brought you some painkillers for your chest." He handed me 2 small pills and a cup of water. I pulled myself up and Dom placed his hand on my back and helped me up. "Thanks," I mumbled. I popped the pills in my mouth and gulped the water down. I sighed and laid back down. "How long was I asleep?" I questioned, staring at the ceiling. I could see him from the corner of my eye, he was staring at me. "About 45 minutes, not long." He replied before staring ahead. I hummed and held my hands over my stomach, I started nervously twiddling my fingers together. 

"I'm a twin," I whispered. I heard him take a deep breath before he scooted himself down the bed and laid next to me. "You are?" He asked. "Yeah, he's called Carson." I replied, "He was my everything, you know." I sighed. "Was? Did something happen to him?" He whispered. I wasn't sure why we were whispering, but at this moment, it felt right. "Something, yes." I chuckled darkly. 

"When I arrived here last week, the day before it was my 16th birthday..." I took a deep breath and shuddered. "You don't have to carry on." He breathed. I felt him move a little closer, it was so slow I nearly missed it. "Carson had a mental problem, he couldn't speak or wouldn't speak. Something happened to him when we were 10, I don't know what because he never said but it messed with him. My parents hated that he wouldn't speak, my mum used to hit him in anger to get him to talk back." I whimpered, "My dad just never showed him any love, didn't have any time for him. I was always by his side, making sure he was happy and cared for. I put him first above everything." I choked. 

On the day of our birthday, my dad planned a shifting ceremony for us to shift in front of our pack. My parents knew Carson didn't like crowds or been around too many people but they still got a big enough crowd to surprise us in the morning. Because I put Carson first above spending time with people I really didn't care about, my dad said I was being sent away to finish my Alpha training because Carson was holding me back. But he wasn't, I didn't mind putting Carson first above everything. At the shifting ceremony, Carson shifted... I didn't 

I took a deep breath and choked back a sob. Dom placed his hand over mine and squeezed gently, a silent gesture that he was here. 

I was confused. I saw my parents giving Carson the attention he deserved and I was glad. I was envious because he had his wolf and I didn't but I never held it against him. I wanted him to be happy. They told Carson he was to become Alpha because I couldn't offer the pack anything. Carson changed, he blocked me from his emotions and through the mindlink. I was confused, hurt, angry... You name it, I was it. My dad disowned me, I was expecting it but it didn't mean it doesn't hurt. Carson told me through mindlink that I was no longer his brother. That crushed me, I lost it. I started raging at him, anything to get him to see sense. I thought he would be the one to stand by me. 

I whimpered and covered my face with my hands. I felt his arm go under my head, he pulled me up and wrapped his arms around me. "You don't have to continue right now." He whispered. I heard him inhale deeply, maybe it's not just me having these... feelings. 

I de announced myself from the family, cut all ties to my mum and dad. I said some hurtful things to my parents, which they deserved, but all that got me was this scar on my face. Whilst I was already hurting from my face, Carson... He... He

He tightened his hold on me, while I sobbed against his chest. "He cut our bond." I choked, "He actually spoke to cut the bond." I cried out. "Then he... he did all the rest of the wounds." I wailed. I could feel the anger flowing from him. My door swung open and in a flash, I was cradled against Amaris. "I'm sorry, I had to link them." He whispered, pain lacing his voice. "You did the right thing, son," Rhydian replied. I sobbed until my cries were silent and I was heaving, dragging in breaths. 

Everyone slowly left the room but not before I saw Dom reluctant to leave. Amaris waved him off. "We'll leave the pack meal tonight, you need a proper rest." She whispered. I sniffled and pulled away from her arms. "Did you... Hear everything?" I whispered. She nodded her head sadly and ushered me to get into the bed. I welcomed the comfort of the bed, my heart was heavy and I felt sick. "I'm so so sorry that happened to you. You didn't deserve any of it." She whispered as she stroked my hair. 

"That part of your life is over now. You never have to go back to that." She muttered before leaning forward and placing a chaste kiss on my forehead. She stood up and pulled the cover up and under my chin. She walked towards my door, "I'll be back to check on you soon." She whispered before turning my light out and leaving the room.