|deny, deny, deny|

I let out a breath and felt a tear slip down my cheek. I observed the scar. It wasn't as big as I expected it to be. It covered my cheek and eye, the swelling had gone down. My face had gone back to its original size. Even though I never looked at it, I could feel how big it was compared to the other side of my face. "Are you ok?" Amaris whispered. I nodded but kept my eyes on the mirror. My blind eye was whiter than my other and it had what looked like flakes of silver around the white. They were definitely unique.

I placed the mirror down on the bed and took a deep breath. "Well, you're free to leave." The doctor chirped. I sighed and nodded. "Thank you for everything you have done for me." I beamed at him. He nodded his head once and left the room. "We've set up a room in the packhouse for you, it's on the Alpha's floor." Amaris smiled at me as she stood up.

I whipped my head towards her and my eyes went wide. "Oh, that's too much." I blurted. She raised her brow at me, almost like she was daring me to argue back. I pressed my lips into a thin line and nodded at her. "That's more like it." She gushed. I chuckled and got off the bed. I stretched and groaned as my back clicked. "Feels good to move around, huh?" She grinned as she picked up a bag I didn't realise she had brought in.

"Dom sent some of his clothes for you, he said they should fit." She handed me the bag and I smiled brightly at her. "That's what I like to see... A happy smile from you." She expressed. "Dom's taken to you." She mentioned, eyeing me from the side while she packed up the little things I had been given. I nodded, "We get along." I hummed as I raked through the bag. I pulled out a hoodie and held it in front of me, I could smell him on it... I lifted it to my face and inhaled. I quickly dropped it when I realised what I'd done. I shoved it in the bag and darted into the bathroom.

I leaned against the door and closed my eyes. Why did I do that? I like the smell of him... That's not weird, right? Not once did anything cross my mind when he was here with me. But now it's like he's ingrained in my brain... I can picture him clearly. I sighed and turned the shower on. I had never been interested in girls but I just thought it was because of constant worrying about Carson. I wish I had Carson to talk to... I'm confused. I stripped down and stood under the shower. How am I supposed to face him now?

"Caleb, are you ok?" Amaris's voice popped into my head making me scream. I caught my breath and heard her giggle through the open link. "Wha- How are you mindlinking me?" I replied. I quickly washed before turning the shower off. I pulled on some jeans and a hoodie, struggled with how wet my body still was. I groaned as I managed to get them on. I ruffled the towel through my hair and glanced in the mirror.

My cheeks were slightly flushed, I groaned again. Well, this is embarrassing. I walked towards the door and took ahold of the handle. If she asks... Deny, deny, deny. I pulled open the door, Amaris was stood by the window, gazing out of it. "Are you ok?" She asked without turning around. "Yeah," I replied quietly, almost too quiet. I didn't think she heard me until she turned to me. "Do you have a mate?" She asked, watching me. I shook my head, "I don't have a wolf, how would I have a mate?" I replied shrugging.

She shook her head and stepped towards me, "Werewolves can be mated to humans. You can definitely have a mate." She responded stopping in front of me. "When did you turn 16?" She asked, I sighed and fixed my gaze on the floor. "The day before you found me," I whispered. She lifted my head and her eyes searched mine, for what I don't know. "Everything that happened to you, happened on your birthday?" She gasped, keeping her eyes locked on mine. I took a deep breath and nodded. "Oh, Caleb." She whimpered, wrapping her arms around my neck and embracing me.

I froze... I didn't know what to do. My parents had never hugged me, I can't remember the last time I received a hug. I took a deep breath before hesitantly closing my arms around her back. She cradled my head against her chest and rocked me like a pup. I sighed contentedly and closed my eyes. "Do you like Dominic?" She whispered. I pulled back and gaped at her. "What... What do you m-mean?" I stuttered. "I saw what you did with his hoodie. Don't be embarrassed, sweetheart." She breathed, brushing my hair from my face.

I sucked in a breath and shook my head. She raised her brow at me before smiling and nodding. "Ok, I won't push." She mused. "Come on, I wanna show you around the packhouse before we sit down for the pack meal." She grinned. "Oh and that's what one of my gifts, I can mind link others." She winked. I nodded and chuckled as she led me out of the room. "Addi, what are you doing here?" Amaris questioned, but she sounded happy. "I want to meet Caleb. Dom kept him to himself and wouldn't let me come." She groaned. Amaris chuckled and stepped aside.

I expected her gaze to go straight to my scar but she didn't. She stepped in front of me and held her hand out, "Hi, I'm Addison but everyone calls me Addi." She greeted, her smile was infectious. "It's nice to meet you," I replied, placing my hand in hers. I smiled at her as I pulled my hand away. "We're going to the packhouse, do you want to come? If that's ok with you?" Amaris turned to me. "Sure," I responded.