He likes her and you're just you. - ethan

Words like this will be flash backs.
Words like this will be thoughts.

"ETHAN YOU FORGOT TO GIVE ME A HUG!" The young girl ran after the brunette hoping to get a hug. "O-oh sorry y/n!" he gave her a little hug only to be pulled into another one. "ETHANNN I WANT A GOOD HUG!!" She whines only to be greeted with an eye roll. "Okay, okay just stop screaming!" He gives her a tighter hug and becomes a light shade of pink.

Noticing this the girl blushed as well. All the thoughts of them marrying one day racing through her head. "Hey E...you know I love you right?" He looks at her with his widened eyes and blushes even more. "Yeah I l-love you too y-your my best friend!!" Y/n frowns then turns it into a smile so he doesn't notice. "Y-yeah I h-have to g-go bye Ethan!

- Present time -

"Well it sounds cute when she says it!" You stood there listening quietly, like you always do now. After you found out Ethan had feelings towards Sarah you stopped being so preppy. You weren't being dramatic but you were always so energetic just to make Ethan smile. Now you normally just observe and try not to cry. You truly loved Ethan so you were going to help him get the girl he really wanted. Even if it wasn't you, also to the fact you were trying to change your feelings.

"Hey y/n you okay?" Ethans hand found its way to your shoulder and you gave a quick smile and thumbs up. He nodded and continued to go on and on about Sarah. This went on for weeks and when bad things happened in white chapel they stopped inviting you. After a while you just stopped talking to them in general.

They don't care they have her and I'm just a memory.

"Y/n your f-father and I are going on a trip!" Your mother said trying to be cheerful just like you had learned. It wasn't your dad's fault, he was just sick in the head and if you guys weren't the perfect family he would hit you guys.  You didn't blame him but it made your life 10x worse. Especially now that you could only talk to Rory about these things. He didn't really help much with what you were going through.

Most people would lean towards self harm and suicide but you wanted to live and weren't about to let Sarah take the guy you love! And so you got ready to go to school that day hoping this would be a normal day for white chapel. Luck was on your side when you noticed nothing was going on that day. When lunch had come around you sat with Ethan and Benny like you always did when you were younger.

"Hey guys!" You quickly beamed at them, noticing Rory was going to say something about how you called crying last night you quickly changed the subject. "So how was your weekends!" The boys looked at you and looked nervous to reply. You raised your eyebrow then quickly realized what was going on.

Last night

"R-Rory I c-cant do this anymore I d-don't feel like l-living a-anymore but I'm s-scared to leave! I w-wish Ethan k-knew I l-liked him.." you sobbed looking at the phone in your hands.  You only heard a sigh before Rory apologized and hung up, you felt like throwing up. You had pushed your only friend left into leaving you. You threw up and got into your bed and continued crying.

Present time

You looked at Rory and shook your head slowly only for him to nod and look down. You quickly got up and ran out. You didn't want to stick around to find out what Ethan thought about you. He loved her and you were just..you. You ran into a broom closet and tried crying as quiet as possible obviously not working as anyone passing by could hear your sobs. After a few minutes you heard the door open.

Did you look? No, you didn't want to see who was going to pity you. You felt a pair of arms surrounding you. You knew this feeling, it was a hug from the Ethan. You hugged him back and he quickly mustered up the courage to kiss you. It was a short but loving kiss and it made you happy enough. It lasted a minute before he pulled away. "Y/n I like Sarah but...I l-love you!" He says before hugging you even tighter.

"All you talk about is Sarah and you forgot me..." you look at him looking for an answer. "Yeah but she's not you...I just couldn't admit to myself that I fell for you" that made you feel bad but you knew he wasn't that great at making people feel better. Just knowing he loved you back was enough.

"You're better then her to me! I just needed to cover up my feelings for you...I didn't want to ruin our friendship you mean a lot to me" you knew your face was puffy from crying but he looked at you with so much love it made you feel pretty and loved. "So does this mean you'll be mine now?" He asked looking into your eyes you stared back at him and smiled. "Of course that's all I ever wanted since we were kids!"

Once again your head filled with the future you would have with your new boyfriend hoping that this moment would last forever.