You saved me first|Ethan|

‼️TW‼️ MENTIONS SELF HARMING, ATTEMPTED SUICIDE, AND SEXUAL ABUSE‼️

Flashbacks will be like this.

Your point of view -

I hated my life. Way before it got 10x shittier. For some reason bad things always came my way, my dad died at a young age, soon my mom remarried and her creepy husband and son would touch me in ways I didn't want. I started to cut at a young age because of this. School was the only way I could get away from them, I focused on school and had a tight group of two friends. Erica and Sarah made my life better, but not to the point I wanted to live.

One night Erica dragged me to a party with her, of course I went thinking it was a dusk party. Oh boy was I wrong, shit went down. Erica was bit and just as I thought I was gonna get away they pinned me to the floor and bit me. Once I had woken up I was forced to do things for them. But hey, it was better than being at home right? Wrong. The second I got back home it was beating after the other. That was the night I killed all three of them.

I was a monster, a fledgling. I hated myself more than I ever have. I couldn't live with myself anymore. I wanted to die, so I was going to do it. I thought a lot that night, how would I kill my self? I'm immortal now, movies weren't always accurate. I decided I would test it out and walked to a bridge, I crossed my arms over my chest and closed my eyes ready to fall backwards.

"WAIT!"

I opened my eyes and saw a boy running towards me. I sighed in disbelief, no one even comes to this bridge it's abandoned. Of course the night I wanted to kill my self someone comes. I didn't want to be a horrible person and make him watch me fall to my death. But I was so badly looking for a way out of the endless pain I was feeling. I turned around so I wouldn't have to face him. Taking a deep breath I jumped. A feeling of serenity washed over me as I felt myself begin to fall. That all ended in a quick second as I felt someone hold on to me. The idiot guy who was trying to help me was now risking his by holding onto my hand.

"You're not going to die, I don't know why but I have to save you. Even if it means I end up falling with you and breaking your fall."

I started to cry, I wanted to die and now I was going to kill someone else. In reality there was no way a scrawny boy like him could bring me up. He gasped and held onto my hand tighter.

"Y-you're a vampire!?"

My eyes widened, how would he know that? I've never seen this guy in my life, he motioned me to give him my other hand. Still in shock on how he knew I was a vampire I gave him my other hand and he pulled me up soon after. We sat there in silence, the only sound was my crying. He held on to me trying to comfort me in a way. I barley knew the guy but I felt safe for the first time in a while.

"H-how'd you k-know?"

"Huh?"

"That I w-was- a- a- a m-monster!"

"Hey its okay, you can't choose that. You're not a monster just because of what happened to you. I mean- I...god I shouldn't be telling you this but...I'm a seer. I see things when I touch someone."

"S-so what d-did you see when you touched me?"

"Well...I saw you with fangs and uh maybe we shouldn't talk about the rest. Hey I didn't get to ask, but what's your name?"

"Y/n l/n. What's yours?"

"Ethan, Ethan Morgan."

I nodded and we went back to being silent. This time it was a comfortable silence, he helped me up and even offered to let me stay at his house for the night. Of course I turned him down, he was still a stranger. He gave me his phone number and walked me home. After that awful experience I took a small break from school and everything. He would call me every day to make sure I was okay. We became friends quickly, he would bring me blood replacements and stayed to make sure I ate.

He really saved me, from everything. I stopped self-harming and I started to attend school again. I was a lot happier than I ever was, he was the best thing to ever happen to me. Things only got better the day he asked me to be his girl friend. He kept me safe from the horrible things happening at white chapel and we got through everything together. He even promised to help me become human again.

•••

Well now it was my turn to save him. Jesse had come back and we had to fight him, I thought we were winning until I heard screams and saw Ethan on the floor. Realization came over me and I froze, there was only one way to stop him from becoming a vampire. Either Sarah or I had to suck the blood out. I wasn't going to hesitate, not after he didn't hesitate to stop me from killing myself. One bite was a goodbye to my normal life, but it was also an opening to Ethan's normal life.

I sucked the poisonous blood out of him then pulled away as he passed out. I looked up at Jesse, anger started to fuel through me. So I did what anyone would do in my situation, I attacked him. He was much stronger but with Sarah and now Erica fighting beside me, he stood no chance. He knew that and tried to run but we got him. I took Ethan to his house that night, Jane let me in secretly so his parents wouldn't find out. I laid with him in his bed and made sure he was still breathing every few minutes.

I didn't get one wink of sleep that night, but it was worth it because I was able to be there for him. Finally he woke up, it took him a few seconds to remember last nights past events but once he did his eyes started to tear up. He turned to face me and rested his hand on my cheek, slowly caressing it with his thumb.

"N-no...y-you- I- no..."

I nodded and response, Ethan pulled me into his chest and we both started to cry together.

"W-why would you do t-that!? I c-could live as a fledgling if it meant there w-was a chance to revert you!"

"What if there isn't? I don't want you to be like me Ethan...I hate being a vampire. I hate drinking blood! You don't deserve that!"

"No, I don't deserve you- you deserve the world y/n I'm sorry."

"Hey...you shouldn't be sorry. You saved me first, remember?"