Stray

Author: yura_slash
Title: Stray
Pairing(s): Harry/Draco, implied Viktor/Ginny
Rating: NC-17
Summary: When his son rescues a stray cat and asks for Harry’s help, Harry has no idea what he’s getting into. Or that it’s just what he needs…
Warnings: infidelity, explicit sexual situations
Total word count: 7,748

Stray

Harry, tongue sticking out slightly and poking at the corner of his mouth, ran the edge of his spatula around the side of the sizzling omelette. “James? Where’s Albus?” he asked, his attention fixed on the frying pan.

James shrugged and stabbed his plate again, intent on his dinner. “Dunno.” At fifteen, James talked little, but ate large. And he’d shot up an inch in the last month alone.

Harry hummed. The omelette sizzled.

Lily, sprinkling extra cheese over her plate, rolled her eyes at them both. Neither James nor Harry noticed, and she huffed. “Dad? Why are we having omelettes for dinner again?”

“You know there are only a few things I can cook, sweetie,” he answered distractedly, attempting to flip Albus’ omelette without breaking it in half..

“Then let’s order takeaway!”

Harry flipped the omelette successfully, and the uncooked side began to sizzle. “You know how much your mother hates takeaway, Lils.”

“But she’s not here! She’s never here anymore, so it’s not like she’ll know…”

Harry turned, spatula in hand, and gave Lily a scolding look. “Lily, you know how much your mother loves you. Just because she loves her job doesn’t mean that she loves you any less –”

“I know that, dad. That’s not what I meant. I just meant –”

But Harry wasn’t listening. His eyes darted around the kitchen and he frowned. “Where is your brother? His omelette’s almost ready.”

James swallowed a mouthful of his omelette and reached for his glass of milk. “Last I saw him, he was headed to the park. Don’t think he’s back yet.”

“Albus is always at the park, dad. Haven’t you noticed?” Lily asked, expression disapproving. Contrary to her intentions, the youthful exuberance in her face made her look rather silly when she frowned.

Harry hummed, “Yes, yes, I do pay attention sometimes, you know,” and then he turned back to Albus’ omelette. He sprinkled some chopped tomatoes, onions and cheese on it before picking up his spatula again.

“Well, he always comes back covered in dirt. Maybe he’s trying to be a Herbologist like Professor Longbottom!” she exclaimed, before finally taking a big bite of her own omelette.

James gulped down half his glass of milk and then wiped his mouth on the back of his hand. “He better not be planting any magical plants in a Muggle park, or they’ll sic the Aurors on him.”

Lily’s brown eyes went wide. “They wouldn’t!” Partially chewed bits of omelette sprayed the table.

James shook his head solemnly at his sister. “Just because dad was an Auror doesn’t mean they’ll make a special case for Albus –”