My Nawa Jujun (6/6)

My Nawa Jujun Part 6 of 6

Harry arrived in front of the shop; he stumbled backwards as someone pulled him away. "You can't go in!" Ron shouted; the roar of the fire was overwhelming. Flames shot out of the shattered front window and licked the front of his robes. Above, from the second story, the flames burst through the windows, slivers of glass rained down.

"I have to go in!" Harry cried as he joined those using the Augmenti spell to try to douse the fire. It seemed to be feeding on the furniture's magic and rebuffed all attempts to squelch it.

"Potter! Get over here!"

Harry ran over to Kingsley who was two shop doors down. A crowd of Aurors were standing in a circle. Harry advanced, the circled opened, and he saw tracks of blood leading to a body. A mediwizard was hunched over the man. He couldn't see his face, but the deep gashes down his chest and chunk of flesh missing from his thigh added a notch to his panic level.

"Who is it?" Harry yelled over the sound of the residents of Hogsmeade, who all seemed to be in the streets shouting and crying.

"We don't know, but he's a Muggle."

Harry flinched.

"Proudfoot and Savage are chasing down the beast that did this. It dragged the man out here and then took off."

Harry took a deep breath, his heart pounding. He willed himself to think straight. "Where did the animal go? When? Anything else?"

"A few minutes ago, towards Hogwarts. The baker said he'd seen a flurry of creatures pouring out of the door as the flames started. He said they were deformed, but I think he's in shock. They were headed down the alley and up into the hills."

Harry panted. "Okay, I'll go help Savage and Proudfoot. I might need Ron to help me out."

"Go, and take who you need!" Kingsley shouted as they all ducked behind a protection spell, the building exploded.

"Ron, Hermione, come with me!" Harry yelled as he grabbed their robes pulling them across the street.

"God, what is it, Harry? What's going on?" Hermione asked, looking at him with a concern he hadn't seen on her face for years.

"Draco...Animagus...and there are others who are stuck. He's been trying to help them. Oh God, Hermione, Ron, you have to find them. Bring them to Grimmauld. Get them out of here!"

"Shit, mate, where are they?" Ron asked, his attention was fluctuating between Harry and the fire that was expanding to the nearby buildings. Thick smoke was now making it almost impossible to see.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck...shit...I can't think! Got it! The caves! They used to live in the caves, like Padfoot. Go there. Some of them can talk.... Oh shit!" Harry said and broke out coughing as the wind pushed the smoke in their direction. The moment gave him another thought. "Ron, get Witch Trudy— I think she can understand animals. Oh, and for Merlin's sake please treat them as witches. There are nine of them stuck, two were successful and they...and they're all wonderful."

"Okay, okay, Harry, but where are you going?" Hermione shouted as Ron was pulling her away from Harry and into the direction of the outskirts of the town.