Takedown

Author: softly_sweetly
Title: Takedown
Pairing(s): Harry/Draco
Rating: R
Summary: When presented with the chance to take down Brian Viglione, the Aurors know they'll have to risk a lot to pull it off. Together, Harry and Draco can get the evidence needed to imprison him for life, but the cost may be greater than they anticipate.
Warnings (if any): Slash, Light-H/C, Adult Themes & Language, EWE
Total word count: ~9,100

Takedown

Groaning softly, Draco rolled out of bed and staggered towards the bathroom. The shower was running, and Draco wiped steam off the mirror to study himself carefully. Running his fingers over his skin, Draco pressed down against the bruise on his neck, wincing slightly and moving his fingers away. He ached pleasantly and knew that once he'd had a hot shower, he'd be set up for a brilliant day.

Glancing up as the shower door swung open, Draco caught his lover's eyes and held them in the mirror as the other man stepped close behind him. Their eye contact broke as the man's head lowered and his lips pressed against the bruise in a gentle mimic of the act that had made the mark in the first place.

"Want this healing?"

"I'll do it later."

Another kiss to his neck and then eyes were raised, and Draco exhaled slowly at the intensity of the gaze. For a moment they wavered, both stood on the brink of forgetting the world with each other.

"The shower is all yours."

Draco nodded, watching his lover turn around and exit the bathroom. He stayed by the sink until he felt the wards ripple, a sign that he was now alone in the house. Smiling, he ran a brush through his hair and stepped into the shower, flicking the radio on with a careless hand as he began his morning rituals.

~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~♥~~~~~~~~~~

Entering his office, Draco glared at the flock of memos hovering around his desk, but knew it was pointless hexing them – Anti-Incendiary charms were woven into the parchment as standard, after one too many memos had been incinerated by overworked staff without ever being read. Hanging his cloak neatly on the hook behind his door, Draco waved his wand at the coffee pot, setting it to heat while he slid into his chair and Summoned the three red memos to him, knowing they were the most urgent.

The coffee was poured into his mug by the charmed pot, and Draco took an absent-minded sip as he considered his response. He'd earned his stripes at the Auror Academy, and proved that he was loyal to the Ministry which, though hard, had been worth it, as he now held one of the coveted Special Auror positions. It gave him power and respect, and provided him with a range of cases to close. His position meant he fielded hundreds of queries and requests for his opinion, and Draco jotted down a quick response to the request from Law on the plausibility of getting an Auror to work with them permanently as a liaison. He knew that the memo would have also been sent for the opinions of his three peers – Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Susan Bones – as well as to his boss, Gawain Robards.

Draining his coffee cup and having dealt with the urgent memos, Draco refilled the cup and Summoned the remainder of the memos to him, jotting down Wizengamot dates in his diary, and replying to the questions and queries about cases he'd worked. He was almost halfway through the stack of memos when there was a knock at his door, and Harry's head stuck in. Draco smiled and set his quill down. "Hey you, get ahead on your paperwork?"