Radial Acceleration (1/2)

Author: shadowclub
Title: Radial Acceleration (Part 1 of 2)
Pairing(s): Harry/Draco, Ron/Hermione, Harry/Ginny
Rating: PG-13
Summary: Like all good thing, Harry’s life seemed to come to an end. EWE. Takes place about three years after the war.
Warnings (if any): Het?, infidelity, MAJOR SPOILER(highlight to read): * Werewolves*
Total word count: 15,000

Radial Acceleration Part 1 of 2

I JUST WANT THEM TO KNOW THAT I CARE. I JUST WANT THEM TO REALIZE WHAT I HAVE TO LIVE THROUGH EVERY MONTH. I JUST WANT THEM TO KNOW WHO THEY ARE. WHEN I LOOK INTO THE MIRROR I WANT TO SEE MYSELF, I DON’T WANT TO SEE THE MONSTER INSIDE.

-From the Diary of Remus Lupin

*

“Nude?”

“Is there any other way?” the current Mr. Zabini asked.

“For lion-baiting in Africa?” Harry repeated, just to make sure he hadn’t heard wrong.

“Are you a wussy boy who doesn’t hunt sport?” he said. Harry was going to point out that he essentially hunted criminals, but was distracted by the vision of Ginny walking toward them.

“Oh, there you are, Harry! I don’t suppose you’ll allow me to steal my fiancé away for a bit? There is simply the most marvelous smelling orchid that I need to show him,” Ginny said, grabbing his hand and tugging him away.

As soon as they were out of earshot of the man, Harry pulled Ginny behind one of the many roman pillars in the room and kissed her soundly on the lips.

“Thank you,” he said.

Ginny laughed.

“He looked like he was about to eat you!” Ginny said, stroking his hair as he leaned on her shoulder.

“Complete idiot. Really, why are we at this dinner again?” Harry asked.

“Because I had a dress and you do support the Anti-Baiting Act.”

“I could have just asked Seamus to release a statement for me,” Harry said.

“Oh, perk up! Mrs. Zabini is going to reveal the game of the evening and a prize! Plus, I know you like to show support of the Slytherins who didn’t do anything wrong in the war,” Ginny said, lifting his head up from her shoulder.

“I have practice tomorrow morning, I think I may head back early,” Harry said.

“No, Harry! Please? We never get to go out anymore. Just till after the game?”

Harry smiled at her indulgently. It wasn’t like his practice was that early.

*

Mrs. Zabini was what Harry privately referred to as an archetypical Slytherin. Her face was constructed of flawless smooth chocolate skin over bone and always wore an expression that reminded Harry of a fish drowning in air.

But not even he could deny that she had good food at the party, at least.

“Harry Potter,” she said, extending her hand. Harry hesitated, unsure if he was expected to kiss it or shake it. He was saved from completing his faux pas when she firmly took his hand and pulled him forward until her lips were on his.

𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐔𝐒 2008जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें