My Nawa Jujun (4/6)

My Nawa Jujun Part 4 of 6

Harry was entranced watching the leopard crouch in the tall grass, the small bits of stained glass moved with each flick of the tail. He jumped as the leopard pounced and landed on a small rodent. The tub was empty this time and sparkling clean. Harry washed up, left the loo, and walked into the parlour, while waiting for Draco. The coven of witches, Draco's sisters, would be coming up soon. He looked at the shelves containing the animal figurines wondering if they represented the types of animal-like creatures he would be seeing soon. He knew they would be unusual and Sonja had been beautiful. His thoughts drifted to the Centaurs and he speculated how they came to be. He heard laughing downstairs and loud steps, and then Harry smiled as he heard Draco's voice. "Now don't overwhelm him. He's just a wizard after all. Nothing special."

"Sure, Draco, that's why you've been wearing his jacket."

"Shhh," Draco said as Harry heard him at the top of the stairs.

"Oh, you didn't cut your nails?"

"I did and you know they just grow back instantly. Now shush!"

Harry stood by the leather chair he had once fallen asleep in, waiting.

The door opened.

Draco shook his head as he entered. "Get ready, Harry, they're in rare form tonight."

"Give it up, Brother; we know what form you like."

Draco spun around. "Jane, one word...."

"And you'll what?" came a voice on the stairwell.

Harry couldn't help but snicker.

Draco came and stood by Harry. He held a rectangular glass container in his hands. Harry glanced down briefly but only saw small flowering plants and a small pond of water. His eyes shifted back to the door, as a menagerie of creatures began to enter. Sonja flew over all of their heads and landed on the windowsill.

"Sonja, you know."

Harry glanced over to the windowsill and nodded, the large owl winked at him. He turned back to the group that was spreading out in the parlour. His mind was racing trying to take in all of the distorted images at once. Remembering what Draco had said; he didn't want to stare. He finally had to close his eyes. Draco grasped Harry's arm and manoeuvred him into the chair. "It's okay, to look, Harry," Draco whispered in his ear. "They know they are different, just don't grimace."

"Now, look what you all did, you made him faint," Draco said lightly.

Harry could hear a few giggles and he opened his eyes, they swept the room. His attention was grabbed by those who were only half transformed. The witch lying in front of the fireplace who had a tail, mane, and hooves for hands and feet, smiled at him. "Harry, I'm Anna."

"Hello, Anna," Harry said. He suddenly felt shy, like when he first talked with Cho Chang so many years ago. "It's nice to meet you."

"I'm Jane," came a voice from the other side of where Draco was now sitting.

Harry stretched up and saw two bunny ears sticking up and then she peeked around Draco's legs. Her face was pretty, and her long hair of velvet brown reached her waist. "Would you like to see the rest of me," she asked.