My Nawa Jujun (5/6)

My Nawa Jujun Part 5 of 6

Harry was shutting down the Floo after talking with Ron about the evening's events. They were going into Muggle London for dinner and then dancing. Harry knew Ron was about as happy at the decision as he was. It had Hermione written all over it. A little payback for not telling him whom he was seeing, yet making it easy for him not to have to spend a lot of alone time with Ginny. He shook his head; it was truly silly for him to feel this way. He never had a problem before saying he had another date or the like. The large grey owl soaring over the desks brought him out of his thoughts.

Sonja landed on the desk next to his; apparently recognising that the stacks of folders was a precarious place to land. She proudly lifted her leg from underneath the feathers that hid her feet so well. "Thank you, Sonja," Harry said as he removed the message and patted her on the head. He couldn't help himself from then giving a stroke down her back over her feathers. He rarely did that, that attention had been reserved for only one owl and she could never be replaced. He reached into his pocket and gave her another Galleon. Her blue eyes brightened and then she stretched her wings and silently flew away.

Harry settled back into his chair and broke the simple seal with the initials DM.

Harry,

You were right; my father was involved. What the witches told you was the truth, but you must understand, my father isn't in very good shape and hasn't been for a long time. I'm not making excuses for him, but I also don't want him blamed for all of this. He did what he thought would be best for me, it wasn't the right course of action then, but it is now.

After the war, I was in a depression, as was my father. Mother seemed to have rebounded well. She helped me care for the witches and I think she loves them in her own way. I became so unhappy as the weeks went by because I couldn't help the coven. One night, while I was sleeping, Father became furious after drinking too much, gathered them up, and dumped them in Hogsmeade. I spent the next couple of months searching for them every night. Whenever I did manage to trap one, they refused to tell me where the others were staying. After I captured Missy, the last one, I discovered they had found some caves outside of Hogsmeade. They would take turns going into town to scavenge for food and other supplies

My father and I never discussed the situation when I started bringing them back to our home. Mother didn't speak to him for weeks. Once I had all of them back, Father gave me one year either to heal them or to move them out. You know what happened from there. Once I regained my human form, he gave me that year. I moved out and opened my shop with emotional support from my Mother. I support the coven and myself, and I have refused any money from my father. I do allow Mother to buy clothes, which I modify, and other accessories for the witches.

So there is the answer to your big mystery.

You would be correct; I am not ready to associate with your friends. Not because of what you might think, but because of what they might think. Tomorrow night would be fine and I don't know if I like takeaway curry. I've never had it.

The coven would also like to speak with you tomorrow night. Seven would be fine.

As to other things, thanks for the peppermint sticks. My stock was running low. Do you think, by chance, that you could bring some hemp tomorrow? I think I would like to see what it feels like? I've been daydreaming all day about wearing it under my robes. The thought of just wearing that and nothing else has some appeal. What do you think?