Compatibility (2/2)

Compatibility Part 2 of 2

"Harry Potter, how nice to see you. You’re the very first to arrive. Draco’s not even finished preening yet." Blaise Zabini led Harry from the Floo and into the kitchen. Eyeing Harry up and down without even trying to hide it, he continued, "All that Auror training has certainly been good for you. What can I get you to drink?"

Harry laughed. "Well, you’re certainly chattier than I remember, Zabini. I’ll have some nettle wine if you’ve got any."

"We do indeed. And please, call me Blaise. We’re not in school anymore. There’s no need for putting up fronts these days, is there?" He flashed a dazzling smile.

"In that case feel free to call me Harry." He still wasn’t sure what to make of Blaise, but he was pretty sure he was harmless. Or at least mostly.

After pouring Harry’s wine and fixing himself a Firewhiskey and water, he ushered Harry to the sitting room. Why do I get the distinct feeling that he’s staring at my arse right now? Harry turned his head to see if he was right, and couldn’t help smirking at his companion when he saw where Zabini's eyes were focused. "Enjoying the view?"

Zabini looked startled for the briefest of moments, but then smiled again. "Caught me in the act, Harry. Sorry, but as I said before, Auror training agrees with you. You’ve grown quite fit."

Draco chose that very moment to make his entrance. "Blaise, are you trying to scare my partner off already? Sorry, Harry. Blaise has no couth."

"I do so. Besides, Harry doesn’t mind. He knew I was looking. I saw him flex his arse muscles to ensure I saw exactly how much physical training your Auror classes include."

Harry just laughed and shook his head. Mostly harmless. And definitely likeable.

"So, since you’re our only party guest so far, and this is my first time meeting you since you’ve become so deeply entwined in my dear friend Draco’s life, I feel it’s my duty to put you through the third degree. Are you up for it?"

"Sure." Harry agreed. "As long as I can do the same in return."

Blaise’s eyes lit up with delight. "Oh, it’s not hard to tell you two have been spending a lot of time together. That was a very Draco-esque response."

Harry smirked and leaned forward. "Are you going to continue babbling, or will you eventually ask me a question?"

Draco sniggered, and Blaise grinned, his eyes glinting mischievously.

"Oh, you think you can handle it, do you? Alright, Harry, question number one: how long have you known that you’d rather shag blokes than birds?"

Fuck. Harry had not been expecting Blaise’s questions to be quite so bold, or so on the mark. He couldn’t think up an appropriate answer and just sat there like a deer in the headlamps. He glanced over at Draco, who looked even more shocked and incapable of speech than he was. Zabini looked like the cat who got the cream.

"Er…" He was still at a loss. Taking a deep breath, he began, "Er, how did you know that?" Oh smooth, Harry, really smooth.

"What?" Draco had found his voice again. "Did you just say what I think you said?"

Harry gulped his entire glass of nettle wine in one go and handed the empty glass to Zabini. "If you want me to answer this question I think I’m going to need something stronger."

𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐔𝐒 2008On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara