Someday We'll Know (2/2)

Someday We'll Know Part 2 of 2

Over the next few months, nothing happened that was too significant for Harry, unless starting a new job was considered significant. He had afternoon tea with Draco and Scorpius everyday, seeing as the two had a free period at the same time, and Ron and Hermione visited him at Hogwarts a few times bringing Rosie and Hugo, who ran around the grounds of the school laughing and chasing Teddy, who had fun changing his hair different colours for the two. Every once in a while, Draco would quietly join them to get Scorpius out of the castle and the three kids would run around together. Harry had been thankful that both Ron and Draco were on their best behaviour and had not argued with each other at all, and Hermione had sent him a lot of strange looks that meant she knew something he didn’t, but wouldn’t tell him until he had already figured it out. But unlike before, he didn’t push and could tell that she was slightly put out that she couldn’t hold it over his head.

It was one afternoon, right before winter break, that everything and nothing changed.

Wandering into their normal meeting room, Harry froze. Draco was already there, this time without Scorpius. He obviously hadn’t heard Harry come in, seeing as how he was sitting and staring out of the window looking pensive. Harry gripped at his chest and looked around, wondering what was causing such pain. He looked at Draco again, but the other professor still hadn’t noticed him. As Harry stood there, breathing swiftly though his nose, he thought over what could have caused his strange feeling of pure… well, he wasn’t sure what it was. Then, it hit him. It was his feelings for Draco, feelings he hadn’t even been aware had changed so strongly. He had always found the blond attractive, and he knew Draco found him attractive too, but he hadn’t realized, hadn’t even paid attention to, his feelings changing. Standing at the door, Harry was unsure of what to do next, so, as the pain subsided, he strolled over to his normal chair and sat down.

“Draco?”

He jumped up, standing and spinning to stare at Harry. “I didn’t even hear you come in.”

“I noticed. Where is Scorpius?”

Draco looked up, surprised. He knew that Harry enjoyed the five-year-old’s company as much as Scorpius liked Harry’s, but he didn’t think the Gryffindor paid that much attention. “Weasley called and requested Scorpius’ presence to play with Rose and Hugo.”

“I do hope you consented,” Harry said, eyes dancing and a smile on his face.

Draco became busy making them tea. “Where do you think he is?” He snapped, clanging the stirring spoon against the china.

Staring at Draco for a moment, Harry realized what was bugging him. He leaned forward, placing a hand over Draco’s to stop him from fiddling with the tea. “He’ll be fine. Rosie and Hugo are good kids, and Hermione is an excellent mother. They’ll never leave her sight. Plus, she’s had some Healer training. There is nothing to worry about. It’s good for him to be branching out.”

Draco looked down, seemingly staring at the floor, but really admiring the colours of their skin together. Harry’s so dark and Draco’s so light. “I know he’ll be alright, and I really am glad he’s making friends- but he’s never really been away from family before. I have every right to worry.”

“Of course you do. It shows that you’re a good parent. And I know how you feel; I worry about Teddy every second of every day- but I don’t let it get in the way of other things. Draco, I have a feeling you’ve been sitting in here since he left you this morning, haven’t you?”