My Nawa Jujun (3/6)

My Nawa Jujun Part 3 of 6

The storefront door opened as Harry reached the threshold of Draco's shop. The overhead bell tinkled as he entered and the scent of old furniture and rugs permeated the air. It was somehow comforting. Curiosity to see the mirror again was overwhelming. He could feel bits of magic emanating from the larger pieces of furniture but he could still recognise the purity of the waves calling him from the other room.

He glanced up at the stairwell, knowing Draco knew he was here, but he succumbed to the pull of the mirror's magic and stepped into the side room. The Cheval mirror was vertical and he smiled as he saw the dark panther coming to meet him in the reflection. Harry pressed his palms to the mirror; the panther rose up on his hind legs and matched Harry's hands with his front paws. Their noses only inches apart. Harry stared into the beast's eyes; he shivered when the large cat blinked and part of him recognised the beast was sentient. A small creaking sound coming from behind him caught his attention. He saw the door in the mirror was cracked open. He spun around only to hear the sound of a door latching shut as almost imperceptible lines disappeared. The wall was smooth.

The rich aroma of tomato sauce became stronger as he climbed the wooden stairs. The door opened as he reached the top step. "I'm in the kitchen. Come on back," Draco yelled. Harry removed his cloak, the brass hand next to where his leather jacket hung, grabbed it.

Harry gave a quick look into the parlour before he ventured down the long hallway. The fire was lit and Draco's quilt lay folded on the footstool. The loo door was closed but the next door as he walked down the narrow hallway was open. Harry couldn't help but peek in. The small office contained floor to ceiling bookshelves, and the desk was covered with another stack of books with parchment and quills scattered about. Harry took a few steps in and examined the books on the shelves. He skipped over the ones on household magic and spelling furniture, but his gaze stopped on those that pertained to folk magic and family magic. He wanted desperately to select one and see what it was about. He had never heard of these types of magic.

"Get out of my study!" Draco yelled from down the hall. Harry laughed and turned around. He froze as he saw the parchment drawings on the desk, and then he saw his journal and book he'd lent Draco. There were more books joining them. His interest was piqued and he examined the drawings in closer detail. He smiled; Draco's creations were artistry compared to his. His fingertips ran over the perfectly drawn bodies and ropes. There was nothing he couldn't duplicate with his ropes, but the models he used, he couldn't imagine them waiting that long for the patterns to emerge. "Quit being nosy and come taste the sauce," Draco shouted once again from the kitchen.

"I'm an Auror, it's my job," Harry yelled back. He didn't move. The additional books now had his attention. He bit his lower lip as he read the titles, most he recognised and had read. They included text on both rope art and the psychology behind those who practised it: the rope artist and those that submitted. The top book, he had never seen before. His fingers ran over the textured cover, the Japanese woman kneeling on the floor naked, with ropes in hand, and with her head facing down. The pads of his fingers rubbed over the raised gold lettering: Nawa Jujun.

"See anything of interest?" a low voice whispered from the doorway.

Harry turned and grinned as he took in the image of Draco Malfoy wearing a green apron splattered with tomato sauce. "Yeah, a few things. I was admiring your drawings, they're quite good."

Draco advanced towards the desk and stood next to Harry. He bent over slightly. "Is this possible?" he asked as he pointed to an image of a man suspended facing downwards, inches above the floor."