Hard to Forget (2/2)

Hard to Forget Part 2 of 2

"Why am I here?"

Malfoy was wearing a pair of Harry's jeans and one of his shirts; Harry had heard him taking a shower a few minutes before. He chose not to comment on Malfoy taking his things without permission. It wasn't like he wouldn't have given them, anyway.

"I found you in your parrot form and I…" Harry didn't want to think of all the problems that could arise if he spoke the words ‘bought you'. He couldn't think of another way to put it, either. "You obviously remembered us. Or our names, anyway. Don't you remember that part?"

"I remember bits and pieces." Malfoy glanced at Harry and then his eyes darted away again. "You decided to rescue the little parrot and then what?"

"What? Isn't it clear enough?"

"Listen, I deserve to know –"

"And if I keep telling you things, you won't know what you know from me and what's what you remember. Hermione will come tomorrow to help you figure out a way to get your memories back."

There was something on Malfoy's face that made Harry think that prospect didn't make him very happy, but it was gone in a moment and Malfoy nodded.

"If you would be kind enough to let me sleep," Malfoy said slowly, looking at the couch Harry was sitting on.

That brought a new problem: where was Malfoy going to sleep? The only bed in the flat was in Harry's bedroom, and there was no chance Malfoy was going to sleep there. The only other option was the couch.

"It's eight o'clock," Harry said. "You went to sleep later even when you-"

Red blotches appeared on Malfoy's cheeks, and he narrowed his eyes. "I find that talking to you is quite tiring."

Harry opened his mouth to say something, because the nerve of Malfoy, to say that to Harry, in Harry's home, as if he was the master of the place.

"Good night, Malfoy," he said instead, shaking his head.

~*~

Harry woke up to the sound of Malfoy banging the cupboard doors and rattling everything there was in the kitchen. He put his glasses on and got up, sighing.

"Malfoy, why must you do that?" Harry asked as soon as he reached the kitchen door.

"I am looking for food, and I can't find one passable thing in this kitchen of yours."

He probably hadn't had a refrigerator in that dingy flat of his. And even if he had, he probably used it to store his slimy potions. Harry walked to the refrigerator and opened it slowly, revealing the food inside. "I'm surprised you don't remember it."

Malfoy shook his head and accepted the food Harry took from the fridge.

"Hermione and Ron will be coming over today," Harry said as he placed a plate in front of Malfoy.

"I'll be long gone by then," Malfoy said haughtily.

"Really? Where to?"