It's the Wrong Time (And I Got No Excuse) (2/2)

It's the Wrong Time (And I Got No Excuse) Part 2 of 2

"Never have I ever…um…never have I never—ever, I mean, um…" Harry squinted up at the ceiling of the tent, watching the shadows of the flames in the hearth flicker across the canvas.

Draco snorted and poked Harry's ribs. "You suck at this."

"'m thinking," Harry muttered petulantly, squirming away from Draco's pointy fingers. He'd long since abandoned his strategy of drinking rather than stripping, and was down to his boxer-briefs and one sock. Draco, of course, was still mostly dressed, but had become steadily more intoxicated as they switched from Poker to Kings. "Oh! Ever have I never had sex with not my wife!"

Draco scowled at him as he reached out for his shot, Harry grinning triumphantly up at him from where he was sprawled out on a soft plaid afghan on the floor. "That's unfair, you prick."

"Nuh! Not my fault you're a slutty slut!"

"M'not a slut!" Draco denied, wincing as the shot burned down his throat. "I was searching for my beloved."

Harry snorted. "Slut."

A kick to the ankle was his only response.

"How come you never did anyone but Ginny, anyway?" Draco asked, rather out of the blue.

Harry blinked up at him, frowning. "Been with her since I was sixteen. I wasn't really great at dating before that." He paused, looking contemplative. "Cho cried an awful lot. Sort of a turn-off, really."

Draco laughed, flopping down beside him. "I still can't believe she cried when you kissed her. That is just a riot, Potter, I hope you know that."

"Shut up! Not my fault. Cedric went and got all dead. That doesn't make me a sucky snogger. Or…whatever."

Draco simply continued to laugh. "Well. I still think you're missing out. Weasley's always been an uptight bitch. Can't imagine she'd be all that great."

"Hey!" Harry whined, clumsily socking Draco in the shoulder. "Don't talk about my wife like that."

"Why not?" Draco asked, suddenly serious. "Six years ago, she was treating you like crap. I can't imagine much has changed."

Harry fiddled with the elastic band of his underwear for something to do. "Yeah, well. She's busy. She doesn't have a lot of time to spend with me. Not really her fault, is it? It's not like she planned on modeling or designing. Just sort of happened…"

"Yeah, but that's not really an excuse for ignoring you or trying to boss you around, is it?" Draco asked, propping himself up on an elbow. "I've been meaning to ask you, actually – are you even happy with Ginny?"

Harry stayed silent for a long time, just looking up at Draco. His old friend's face was serious and concerned, and the line on his forehead was emphasized by his frown. It made Harry want to reach out and smooth it flat once more. Before he had even realized it, he was doing just that. "You have…really soft skin," he muttered, letting his fingertips linger. He could feel Draco's breath hitch against the skin of his palm. He dropped his hand. "No."

Draco's smile was small and sad. "I didn't think so."

Harry shrugged. "You're not happy with Astoria."