My Nawa Jujun (1/6)

Author: romaine24
Title: My Nawa Jujun (Part 1 of 6)
Pairing(s): Harry/Draco
Rating: NC-17
Summary: A small, unsolved case has Auror Harry Potter annoyed. His persistence pays off, and the answer reveals what his favourite DADA professor, Remus Lupin, meant by "the Animagus transformation can go horribly wrong".
Warnings (if any): bondage, rimming, HPDH (EWE)
Total word count: 49,675

My Nawa Jujun Part 1 of 6

Your father and Sirius here were the cleverest students in the school, and lucky they were, because the Animagus transformation can go horribly wrong — one reason the Ministry keeps a close watch on those attempting to do it. Remus Lupin Chapter 18, Prisoner of Azkaban.

March 2003

The midnight air cracked at the same moment Harry peeked around the corner of the Three Broomsticks. "Damn it," he muttered as the Petrificus Totalus spell hit the brick wall. He lowered the hawthorn wand and walked down the darkened alley. As with most pathways in town, it appeared to be devoid of debris. "Lumos," he whispered, and began scanning every crevice. It would take just one hair to find out who the wizard was. He spotted something and bent down to inspect it. With gloved hands, he picked up a small clump of fur. Instinct, told him to take it, he withdrew a plastic bag from his robe pocket, put it in, and sealed it.

"It's from a raccoon, Auror Potter," the ancient witch said as she lifted the fur with tweezers and brought it up close to his face. Harry had been startled the first time he'd met Witch Trudy, the name she insisted upon being called. He thought she looked like what most Muggle children think of as a witch, hunch-backed, long crooked nose, and pointy teeth. She'd run the forensics lab as long as anyone could remember. Every tiny detail to her was important and no case had a priority over another. He'd waited four days for this meeting. That she'd called him down to her laboratory was a good sign. Usually, she had her familiar, a raven, deliver missives with the critical information.

He took a step back as her gnarled hand shook and the bits of fur almost touched his nose.

"A raccoon?"

She lowered her arm and turned back to her marble workbench. "Yes," she cackled, "not native to this land. But there's something else, my dear, oh, yes, there's something else."

Harry coughed and covered his mouth trying to restrain himself from laughing. "What is it?" Harry asked after clearing his throat.

Her hand rose and one bent finger beckoned him to come closer. He moved next to her and leant over the worktable. "This," she said and her long grey fingernail pointed to one short strand of hair. "Human hair, it was mixed in with the rest."

Harry stood up, his eyes widened. "Is there a match?"

She turned to him, her dark eyes enlarged by magnifying spectacles, brightened. "No, no match with any wizard or witch we have on file. But it has a root, as does one piece of the fur."

"And?"

"And," she said, poking him in the stomach with her finger, "and they match."

Harry's brow furrowed. "They match? The raccoon and the human hair match?" he asked in disbelief. His brain engaged and he began recalling his forensic classes from five years before. There was no recollection of anything relating to this. Wait, wait a second, it wasn't from forensics it was from his training in how to track a werewolf. Then the memory of how training can never fully prepare you for such an encounter made him wince. "Werewolf?" he responded, not truly believing it was the correct answer.