Chapter Fifty

Just so y'all know, I have a loose plan for at least five more chapters and in those five chapters, I have seven new characters to introduce you to, plus bringing back a few characters that we haven't heard from in a while! Buckle up, folks!

True to his word, John shook his boyfriends awake an hour after they fell asleep and pressed Alex's third mug of coffee into his hands before he could protest. 

Alex looked much better for having had an extra hour of sleep and his expression cleared up and became hyper as he sipped his drink. Thomas on the other hand pulled John down into his arms and pressed his face into his neck.

John laughed and struggled to escape. "Thomas," he gasped when the older boy started tickling his sides. Alex saw Thomas's wicked grin over John's shoulder and struggled to conceal his smile. 

Alex placed his now-empty mug aside and easily tugged John away from Thomas. "Now, now Thomas," he scolded. "Do you want to scare him away?" 

John muttered under his breath, "Been friends with you for like a year Lex if I could be scared off I would have been long before now."

Alex slapped his shoulder gently. "I'm trying to help you," he hissed loudly.

Thomas sat up fluidly, glaring down at the smaller men. John smirked and shoved his boyfriends to either side and Alex and Thomas both screamed as they fell out of the bed. 

Thomas popped back up, his face outraged. John ignored the protests coming from him, moving to get out on Alex's side and check up on the smaller male. 

Alex looked like he would strangle John if he could get out of the contorted position his body was in. "Sorry," John apologized, carefully helping Alex sort out his limbs. "Needed to get you out of bed somehow."

Alex stood up, cracking his back. "Why'd you need us up, darlin'?" Thomas asked, obviously unable to hold a grudge against him for long. Alex grumbled for a moment before kissing John's cheek quickly, darting away immediately, blushing like nothing on Earth.

John smiled shyly and answered Thomas, "Y'all said you'd come with me to my dad's place to grab some fresh clothes," he reminded his partners. 

Blinking, Alex asked, "Was that today?" John chuckled and nodded. 

"Of course we'll come with you," Thomas soothed, glaring at Alex to stop him from being insensitive. Alex sent him back a bemused look and Thomas just shook his head. 

John smiled, wrapping his arms around Alex, resting his chin against the top of his head, drawing a complaining whine from the smaller as he realized the height difference between them. 

Thomas cooed at him and Alex squirmed. John laughed and released him, taking his hand instead. He held a hand out to Thomas who smiled and moved around to join his partners. 

He wrapped an arm around John, squeezing him to his side. "I mean, at least we're already dressed," he laughed.

John leaned his head against Thomas's side and nodded. Alex noticed his vaguely dazed expression and raised a waggling finger to his face. "Don't you go and fall asleep on us now," he scolded. "You had your chance at the same time as us."

John chuckled and squeezed his boyfriend's hand. "Not gonna fall asleep Alex," he told him. Alex nodded approvingly.

"Good," he said, clearly satisfied. The trio left Alex's bedroom only to be stopped by Angelica.

She glanced up from the book she was reading when she walked into them and smiled at the sight. "Did you guys finally get together?" she asked.

John nodded happily while Thomas squeezed him closer to his side. "Great, I've had bets on you three since John and Peggy split," she told them nonchalantly.

Alex frowned and punched his sister with his free hand. She rubbed her arm while glaring at him and he stuck his tongue out at her. "It's rude to place bets on people, Angelica," he teased.

She shook her head with narrowed eyes and a smile. "Not when the person you're betting on is your brother, Alexander," she shot back.

Alex rolled his eyes and pressed closer to John. John squeezed his hand and sent him a small smile. Alex sighed and said, "Well, it doesn't matter. We're going to John's place to grab some fresh clothes and possibly find out what his dad's planning on doing for, well, you know."

John's smile tightened but he didn't let Alex's hand go. "Yeah, maybe," he mumbled. Thomas frowned at Alex over John's head.

Alex winced apologetically and tugged on John's hand, looking up at him pitifully, begging for forgiveness with his eyes. John rolled his eyes and pulled Alex into a tight hug. 

Thomas hummed approvingly and Angelica cleared her throat. "I'll let you get on then," she said politely, closing her book and walking away.

Before the trio had even reached the front door they heard Angelica yell, "Eliza! You owe me twenty dollars!" John laughed and leaned into Thomas.

"My house isn't far," he told his boyfriends. "But, uh, I'm not out to any of my family yet, my mom was the only one who knew. So can we just act like normal friends, just for today? I'll come out to them soon, but I don't want to thrust another shock on them, not this soon."

Thomas nodded enthusiastically. "Of course! And you don't need to feel any pressure to come out to your dad or your siblings until you're ready. We're willing to wait," he assured him.

John smiled weakly and sent Alex a nervous look. Alex grinned up at him. "Course we're not gonna force you to come out 'til you're ready Jacky," he promised.

John's smile widened and he stopped in front of a house that was significantly smaller than the Hamilton-Schuyler or Jefferson residences. "Well," he said nervously. "This is me." 

Alex squeezed his hand quickly before letting him go. "Don't worry Jacky, we've been in your house before," he reassured him. 

John sent him a thankful look before wriggling out of Thomas's grip and walking up to the door. He knocked and waited, glancing back at his boyfriends who stood right behind him. 

The door opened and Henry Laurens stepped out to greet his son.