Chapter Six

"Jamie?!" A voice cried and then James was pulled into an embrace. 

"Lexi, I wasn't gone that long," he laughed as he wrapped his arms around his boyfriend. "It was only, what, an hour?" 

Alex pulled away, all signs of mirth gone from his face. "A lot can happen in an hour," he said gravely, his face showing that he was deadly serious. 

"Umm, ok then?" James said. 

"Sorry, just some, uh, bad memories. I'll tell you later," he promised. "Anyway," Alex said brightly, his face changing to the cheerful one James was used to, "We haven't been properly introduced. Any of us. Well, I've met you all but I don't know you and you don't know us. So, umm, John help, I'm not good in these situations!" 

Alexander's curly haired best friend laughed and stepped forward. "Sorry, my friend here is a little socially awkward." Alex hit him. "Ow, ow, sorry. I'm John. John Laurens." Everyone found themselves warming to John and Alex. 

"Nice to meet you John. I'm Maria Lewis," she introduced herself. 

Peggy saw her and squealed. "OH MY GOSH ANOTHER GIRL!" and dragged Maria away to her sisters. Adams looked slightly uncomfortable without his best friend. 

"Um, I'm John Adams. But most people just call me Adams," he mumbled. John smiled at him. 

"Ok then. It's a pleasure to meet you John 2.0." 

Adams looked a little bit pleased with his new nickname. A blur shot past John and crashed into Thomas. "Thomas, my cousin! It's so good to see you! I have missed you!" Thomas looked mildly surprised but hugged his younger cousin back. 

"Glad to see you too, Laf. I missed you too," he admitted. Everyone cooed over the sweet reunion between the two cousins. 

When Washington walked over, he didn't say anything. He just grabbed his boyfriend and kissed him. George looked stunned but quickly melted into Washington. It was extremely intimate. Everyone looked away. Eventually they broke apart, both of them breathing hard. 

"You two done?" Alex questioned. Washington chortled and hit him over the head. 

"Shut up Alexander," he said playfully, "That's an order from your commander." Alex mock saluted him and they both laughed.

Samuel was partially hiding behind Charles. Herc noticed and walked over to the two of them. "I'm Hercules but most people call me Herc. Loud social events aren't really my scene. What about you?" Samuel shyly stepped out from behind his boyfriend. 

"I, um, I have social anxiety so I don't really like social events, they make me really nervous." Herc smiled at him and Charles. 

"Don't worry. These guys might be loud but they're really nice when you get to know them. They're all idiots but that's as bad as it gets." 

Samuel smiled. 

"Hey," Alex ran over to them. "Samuel and Charles, right?" The two nodded. "I see you've met Herc. He's the teddy bear around here. He's like Jamie. Only, not. If you get what I mean? Sorry, I'm rambling again, aren't I. Just tell me to-"

"Alex, shut up," Herc said, a gentle smile on his face.

"Right. Well, I'm gonna go back over there. You guys coming?" he asked. Herc nodded and started walking towards Lafayette, gently pulling him off Thomas. 

Charles looked at Samuel worriedly. "We don't need to if you don't want to. We can go somewhere-" 

"Lead the way Mr Hamilton," Samuel ordered. Charles looked shook but grinned. "Where exactly did that sudden confidence come from?" he enquired.