Chapter Thirty Two

Alex glanced at his phone as a notification came through, his brow furrowing when he saw it was a weather alert. His eyes widened when he read it.

Angelica had also gotten a weather warning and glanced up at Alex nervously as she read it. "Are you gonna be alright tonight?" she asked worriedly. "I know we all have plans, but I could cancel if you want someone to stay with you."

Alex shook his head and smiled a slightly forced smile. "I'll be fine. I'll ask Thomas if he wants to come over while y'all are out," he assured his older sister. Angelica frowned.

"I don't want to leave you alone if you won't be ok by yourself. If Thomas can't make it, I'll stay home with you tonight, okay?" she insisted.

Alex nodded reluctantly. "Fine, if you insist," he said moodily. "I don't wanna ruin your evening though, I'll be fine on my own."

Angie just sent her brother a glare and he backed down. The bell rang, interrupting the two's conversation. Alexander and Angelica went their separate ways, Alex to AP English and Angelica to Drama.

~Le Short Time Skip~

When Alex arrived at his class to see that Thomas was already in his seat, fortunately next to Alex, he was slightly relieved. "Hey," he greeted his boyfriend, kissing his cheek gently.

Thomas smiled down at Alex sweetly. "Hey," he replied, going in for a proper kiss. "How was lunch with your sisters?"

Alex laughed. "Angie was the only one who showed. Peggy "forgot" and was with John and Eliza's gone AWOL. Me and Angie just assumed that she was with Maria," he told his boyfriend playfully.

Thomas let out a low chuckle. "Are you doing anything tonight or can I stay over?" he asked, leaning down to press butterfly kisses to his smol boyfriend's neck.

Alex giggled and pushed Thomas's head away. "I'm not doing anything and my sisters are going out with their mom tonight. Some "mother daughter bonding time"," he replied. "My dad's got a meeting at work and won't be home until like ten. We'll have the whole house to ourselves," he finished, tracing his fingers over Thomas's chest.

Thomas blushed as he heard the insinuation in Alex's voice. "A-Alex!" he whisper-yelled. "Don't, don't say stuff like that." Alexander sniggered but didn't say anything else. The teacher walked into the room and began the lesson, cutting off the two's conversation.

~Another Time Skip To the End Of The Day~

Peggy handed Alex her house keys because he was a dumbass and left his on the kitchen table. She waved goodbye as she headed towards her boyfriend who was waiting to take her on some quick form of date.

John grinned over at Jamilton and waved, almost seeming like his old self. Alex knew that something was wrong with his best friend, and he knew that Peggy knew what it was, but John was refusing to talk to him about it which Alex found a bit hurtful.

But even so, he forced a smile and waved to the couple as they walked away. Eliza popped up for a minute to say goodbye to Alex before heading over to Maria who was taking her on some form of quick date too.

Angelica gave Alex the keys to her car as she got in the car with her mom. "Look after my child, okay?" she said threateningly. Scientists are still unsure of whether she was talking to Alex about the car, or to Thomas about Alex. Knowing her, it was probably both.

Alex and Thomas drove back to the Schuyler residence in a comfortable silence. When they arrived, Alex unlocked the door and the two stepped into the foyer. "Home sweet home," Alex sighed, kicking his shoes off and into a corner. Thomas copied his actions tentatively, following Alex as he walked through the house to the kitchen.