Chapter Sixty

When John and Peggy woke up, they were surprised to find John's boyfriends standing over them as they slept. "Uh, can I help you?" Peggy asked irritably. 

Alex pouted and asked, "Can we have John?"

The boy in question blinked sleepily and rolled back over into Peggy's warmth. "Already got me, Lex," he mumbled, half-asleep.

Thomas cooed and reached out to stroke his boyfriend's hair. "That's really cute," he told them. "But not what we mean. Can John come sleep with us?"

"Ask John," Peggy replied, shrugging her shoulders. "Hey, John?" John made a noise in response. "Do you wanna go sleep with Alex and Thomas tonight?"

John opened his eyes and blinked up at her. "They're way too far out of my league for them to want me," he pointed out.

His two boyfriends exchanged a confused look. "John, we're dating," Alex told him and suddenly John was wide awake.

"Huh? I know that. What did I say?" he asked. 

Alex giggled and pressed a kiss to his boyfriend's hand. "Will you come to sleep with us?" he asked. 

Catching the worried glance John sent back to her, Peggy assured him, "You can if you want to. You might want to text your dad and let him know if you're staying over."

John beamed at his ex-girlfriend and kissed her cheek, making her giggle. "Thanks, Pegs," he cheered, jumping up and grabbing Thomas's hand.

The tallest in the trio laughed and scooped John into his arms, causing the younger male to squeak. "Goodnight Peggy," he giggled, kissing the boyfriend he was holding on the cheek.

Peggy laughed and waved at her adopted brother and his boyfriends. "Night," she replied, amusement lacing her voice.

John strained to grin at her over Thomas's shoulder as he walked out of her room. He saw her smile before the door swung shut and he curled into Thomas as he walked to Alex's room. 

John Jr. came down the stairs to the attic and froze upon seeing Thomas and John. Alex had already gone through to his room and the two were alone.

JJ glared at them. "I don't particularly like Alexander yet, but are you seriously cheating on him Thomas?" he spat. 

Thomas looked taken aback. "Excuse me?" he asked, disbelief clear in his voice. "Of course I'm not cheating on Alex!"

Just as Thomas finished speaking, Alex stuck his head around the door. "Are you guys coming or-oh hey, John," he said casually. "How are you?"

JJ spluttered, pointing at Thomas and John. "Why are you not bothered by that?" he eventually got out, glaring at John, who wiggled his fingers at the enraged child with a grin on his face.

Alex glanced at his boyfriends and then back at JJ, a frown on his face. "Why should I be?" he asked. John tapped Thomas's arm to be met down and his boyfriend complied, placing him onto his feet gently.

The moment his feet touched the ground, John walked to Alex and kissed his cheek, resting his head on the younger boy's afterwards. JJ looked extremely confused and shook his head, walking back upstairs.

"C'mon," John giggled, tugging on his boyfriend's hand. "Let's go to bed."

~Time skip to the next morning~

John woke up and rolled over sleepily into a body. He opened his eyes a crack, smiling when he saw Alex lying on top of Thomas's stomach, just underneath him. He pressed a quick kiss to the top of his head before sitting up fluidly and stretching.

Thomas's eyes opened and he whined a little. "Where are you going?" he asked quietly, conscious of Alex still asleep on top of him. John got out of the bed and smiled at him gently.

"Just gonna go make some coffee for Alex," he soothed. "Don't worry, I'll say goodbye before I go."

Thomas whined again, a hand reaching down to stroke Alex's hair. "Do you have to go?" he asked, a pout making its way onto his lips. John nodded, leaning up to peck Thomas's cheek quickly before darting away to the door.

"See you in a minute," he reminded, leaving the room.

John walked downstairs and into the kitchen, smiling at Angelica when he saw her sitting at the table, half asleep. "Good morning," he chirped. She vaguely flipped him off, dropping her head back onto her arms as soon as she had.

He sighed and pulled out a fourth mug. When the coffee was done, he pushed a mug over to the eldest Schuyker. He gained a grunt as thanks and Angelicas head poked up to take a sip, only to drop back down onto the table. "Thanks," she mumbled.

John smiled and walked back up to Alex's room, carefully carrying three mugs of piping hot coffee. He back into the door to open it.

Alex was sitting up in the bed, staring at the door with a worried expression on his face that cleared up the moment he saw John. "You came back," he smiled.

"Course I did. I said I would, didn't I?" he asked rhetorically. Alex grinned and made grabby hands at his boyfriend. John made to hand him one of the mugs but Alex took it and sat it aside immediately.

He waited until John had handed the other two mugs off to Thomas before pulling him into a hug. "Love you," Alex mumbled into John's neck. "Love you so much."

"Love you too Lex," John cooed. Thomas cleared his throat and John sent him a soft smile. "Love you Tom."

Thomas pulled his boyfriends into him. "Love y'all," he murmured reverently. Alex sat there for a moment after muttering confirmation before he started wriggling and straining for his coffee.

Laughing, Thomas released him. "Go get your coffee dumbass," he chuckled. Alex sent him a mock-offended look as he took his first sip, moaning at the taste.

"You're so good at this," he moaned. Thomas and John exchanged eye contact, causing them to burst out laughing. Alex turned red. "Oh, shut up," he pouted.

John smiled, stretching to kiss Alex's cheek. "There's another one for when you're done," he told him. "But is better head out."

Alex and Thomas both whined at his words. "I'll come back," he hurried to reassure them. "But I need to go change into some fresh clothes and underwear."

Sighing, Alex nodded. "Fine," he huffed. That was wiped away however, when John leaned in and gently pressed their lips together.

When he pulled away, Alex stared at him with wide eyes. "That was the first time you've kissed one of us," he breathed. "Properly I mean."

John shrugged, pressing an equally gentle kiss to Thomas's lips. "Felt like the right time," he justified. "I promise that we can do more of that if you let me go home and freshen up."

Immediately, Alex released his grasp on John's hands. "Why are you still here, get going," he flapped his hands at John, chasing him out of the bed.

"Ok, ok," John laughed. "I'll see you soon."

~Time Skip~

John was almost at Alex's house when he saw the two people standing outside the door. He brushed it off, assuming they would just be there to see Philip.

He saw Alex open the door, an expectant smile on his face, and then saw that smile drop as he asked, "James?" John vaguely recalled the existence of James Hamilton. "What are you-"

Alex cut off, his face paling. John wondered who his boyfriend's older brother's companion was when Alex whispered, "Father?"

And suddenly he knew things were going to get a hell of a lot more complicated.

~

So! The last chapter. Was that a good ending? Obviously I'll start the sequel soon, it just needs a cover and the first chapter written and it's ready to go! See you next book! Or not, you know, if you don't wanna come back then you don't have to.