Chapter 37

Vaye.
I laid Amethyst's head on my lap as I caressed her cheek. It's been an hour since she fell asleep and it's been the worst hour of my life. I felt useless, below me was my mate fighting for her body and here I was, doing nothing to help. My baby has been through so much because of me.. I've always wondered what would have happened to my love if she had never been my mate. I assume she would still be tortured by her pathetic family and just the thought of that killed me. I can never live my undead life without my Amethyst. She is my strength, my weakness and my mate, I would die without her, literally.

I felt Angeline take a seat beside me, she patted my shoulder and gave me an assuring smile, "Lucilia is far stronger than Solous, she'll bring back Amethyst for us, don't worry."

I sighed and shook my head, "It's just.. my baby's fighting for her life and I can't do anything to help her. It's breaking my heart knowing that she's in there, confused and scared. I want to hold her, Angeline. I want to kiss her forehead and tell her it'll be alright. But I can't. Fuck, I've never felt this useless before."

"You may be useless but it's not exactly your fault. Vampires are not capable of the ability of possessing one's body so you are being useless against your will." Weiss stated, her expression stern as she eyed Amethyst's body.

I rolled my eyes, "Gee man, thanks for the wise words, I feel so touched."

Ignoring me, Weiss looked at Angeline, "I am curious about this whole possessing bodies, how does it work?"

"Well it's complicated but I'll try to explain as best as I can. The way angels and demons possess can sometimes be in a similar way or in a different way. Solous possessed Amethyst in the common way which is staring into the victim's eyes while using his angelic eyes which enables him to access Amethyst's mind without her knowing. Angelic eyes often appear when you see an angel's eyes start to glow. With angelic eyes, Solous was able to alter and manipulate Amethyst's thoughts which I assume confused our poor Amethyst. If you all hadn't noticed, whilst Amethyst was talking, Solous suddenly disappeared, right? It's because he has successfully entered Amethyst's body. Luckily enough, before Solous could take full control of Amethyst's body, Lucilia was able to enter quickly which blocked Solous from taking full control."

"Now it's different from Lucilia, she is a high profile demon, specifically the queen. Therefore Lucilia is much stronger than Solous, this is the reason why Lucilia was able to enter Amethyst's body with only simple eye contact without having to use her demonic eyes. As you can all see, Lucilia is missing as well which means she is also inside Amethyst's body right now. Thankfully, I know Lucilia can beat Solous and take over Amethyst's body with ease. It will take awhile though, as taking over one's body is almost like replacing Amethyst's soul. But fear not, Lucilia will do no such thing. She will only gently put Amethyst's soul to sleep and thus, safely taking full control of Amethyst's body."

Weiss hummed and nodded, "Possessing does not work on supernaturals, right?"

Angeline smiled and nodded, "Yes, all supernaturals are immune to an angel and a demon's possession. As humans are considered the lowest creatures, they are the only ones that can fall victim to a demon or an angel's possession."

I frowned, "Amethyst wanted me to turn her into a vampire before. Did I make the wrong decision of asking her to think it through?"

"No. Amethyst was feeling pressured and her emotions were too much for her to handle and that made her thoughts go crazy. If you turned her while her state of mind was in that condition, I fear something bad might happen." Angeline answered.

"Where are Pearl and Sapphire?" Weiss asked, looking around for our familiar red haired idiot and blue haired nerd.

"Pearl went back in the castle to search for a book that might help Amethyst's current condition while I think Sapphire went with her. Sapphire's probably hard after learning all that anal shit with Lucilia." Eva answered, chuckling at Weiss' annoyed expression.