Chapter 12

Pearl.
I couldn't describe what I was feeling. Going back to my home country felt so peculiar. I was born in England and I was raised there until I was ten. But when my mother passed away, my father decided to move to America. In America, he created his own pack. It took him awhile to find lots of rogue wolves but he still did it. At that time, I was a little girl, I remember being so proud of my father for creating his own pack. And since I didn't have any siblings, I had always thought that I was the next Alpha. I was too blinded by the title, I didn't notice that my father wasn't going to pass down his title to me. He wanted to stay as Alpha and he was threatened by me.

Shaking my head, I sighed as I thought of my father who was in America, locked in a mental hospital. Although he tried to kill me, I knew he regretted it. And I've already forgiven him five years ago. Because it's always better to forgive and to never forget. In some ways I felt nostalgic, I felt like I was visiting my past. But as much as I want to find my old home, I can't. I don't need any distractions on this mission. We were going to England, yes, but only to find Lucilia.

You are being dramatic.

I rolled my eyes. Yes, hello to you too, Perla. Perla was my wolf. She's the complete opposite of me. She's shameless and horny 24/7. Eva always loved it whenever she was the one controlling our body because for her that meant sex all day. But these days, I haven't been letting Perla take charge because one time, she tried to mate with Eva without my permission. Good thing Eva was able to convince her not to. And whenever Perla was in charge, Evalyn could not be in charge of Eva's body. Eva and I fear that when our wolves take over, they will mate. Eva and I weren't ready for that.

You are a coward.

Even though I have my own body now, I still felt like I had DID because of this stupid wolf. Hearing me insult her, Perla growled. I rolled my eyes and ignored her.

"Hey. Angeline's bags are all packed. We're ready to head to the jet." I nodded at Vaye.

We were heading straight to England. Fortunately, most of us didn't need sleep, especially Vaye and Sapphire. The only ones who really needed sleep were Amethyst and Angeline. I had already slept the whole ride to Israel so I was okay. Weiss was the one who suggested we go to England as soon as possible. As always, Weiss wanted everything to be done in no time.

I got out of Angeline's apartment, following them to the elevator. Once we were all in the elevator, I furrowed my brows in annoyance. The elevator oddly smelled like some type of perfume. It smelled horrible. But it looked like I was the only one bothered because the others didn't look as irritated as I was. When the elevator doors opened, I quickly went out, ignoring the strange looks from my friends.

"Geez. Hey Sapphire, do I smell like shit?" I heard Eva ask. Rolling my eyes, I chose to ignore her as I waited for them at the exit.

Sapphire laughed, "Fuck yeah. Maybe that's why Pearl ran out so fast." I didn't even have to look at Eva to know that she was frowning.

I sighed when I felt arms wrap around my waist, gently pulling my back against her front. "Do I smell that bad, Pearl?" Eva's tone was sad and I had to resist the urge to tease her.

"You don't smell, love. I just happened to smell the displeasing scent of someone's perfume."

"Rude." Weiss stated, rolling her eyes at us as she walked past us.

Sighing and taking Eva's hand in mine, I followed everyone into the limousine. I had always thought how unnecessary it was to use a limousine. But Weiss preferred to travel in style which I guess was expected. After all, she was a queen so it's only natural for her to prefer a limousine. Once inside the limousine, I sat between Sapphire and Eva. Closing my eyes, I laid my head on Eva's shoulder. I smiled when I felt Eva kiss my forehead.

"Aren't we going to discuss what to do when we get there?" I heard Amethyst ask.

"We've already got the location of the club, thanks to our favourite witch." Hearing this, my eyes opened and I gave an impressed look at Weiss.

Weiss chuckled, "A little spell didn't hurt."

"I found out the name of the club, it's called The Lioness' Den and it became easy to find it's location after that." Weiss stated, smirking at the impressed looks that she was getting.

Rolling my eyes, I stopped looking at her to prevent the increase of her ego. "Vaye and Sapphire.. the two of you should be very careful. I assume demons are still not fond of vampires." Angeline said, shooting a concerned look at the two.

"Thank you for your concern, Angeline but I can handle myself. I won't let those demons do harm to me or any of you." Vaye declared, her jaw tightened and her eyes turning blood red.

Sapphire awkwardly chuckled, "Ha, yeah. Yeah.. I'll make sure to kill them with my charm." I watched as Sapphire flexed her biceps, grinning foolishly.

Weiss gave a forced smile to Sapphire, "Your charm, huh?" Sapphire instantly stopped and looked down whilst muttering a small apology. Chuckling at the scene, I closed my eyes once more. I felt Eva tracing circles on the back of my palm. I sighed in content.

You sleepy, beautiful?

I almost jumped when I heard Eva's voice in my mind. It's been five years since I was back in my body and yet, I'm still not quite used to the mind-link between wolves. I should be used to it since I've experienced DID but the mind-link felt different. Clearing my thoughts, I replied.

Not quite. I just want to rest a bit.

In the back of my mind, I could almost see Perla grinning wolfishly whilst wagging her tail in excitement. Rolling my eyes, I decided to ignore her.

My shoulder's going to be sore.

You'll get used to it.

You're a meanie, Pearlie.

Mhm, if I kiss your shoulder later, will you forgive me?

Yes! Of course, my Pearl!

Smirking to myself, I didn't reply anymore. I let my body relax against Eva's body. When we get to England, I want to feel fresh and ready. Getting enough rest shall make me become ready enough to face whatever may happen in England.

Demons, huh? I've read in a book that demons can be very unpredictable. A demon's mind is very complex.. their way of thinking is wicked in its own way. To say that I was concerned was an understatement. I was more than concerned. I worried for my love, my friends whom I've looked at as my family. I didn't want anyone of them to go through a demon's wrath. So whatever happens in England, I hope it won't consist of one of my friends becoming a target to the demon kind.

Please moon goddess.. look after my friends and I as we go on our journey to meet the queen of demons.