Chapter 48

Angeline.
After Pearl finished my make up, she stepped back and grinned at me. I looked at myself in the mirror and gasped. I.. I.. did not look so innocent. My silver hair shone even brighter than usual, my cleavage was visible and my lips were a shade of seductive red. I did not understand.. how was Pearl able to make me look so.. unlike me? I expected this from Sapphire or maybe Eva.. but Pearl? I guess there's more to Pearl than what I know..

I gulped and stood up, instantly holding unto Pearl's shoulders for support as I was not used to walking in high heels. I originally wanted to wear my usual boots but Pearl told me that it does not go well with the dress, thus it will ruin the look.. so I did not push further.

Pearl gave me a smile as she helped me walk towards the door, "You know, I won't be there to support you on your date. You'll have to learn how to walk alone."

I blushed and shook my head, "Why do you all insist it's a date? We're merely going on an acquaintance trip.. and Lucilia only sees me as a lower creature.." Pearl only chuckled in reply, obviously not believing me.

"Well, you're all set. Where will you be meeting Lucilia?" Pearl asked as we exited my room.

"She told me to meet her at the garden at exactly 5 pm." I answered, desperately holding onto Pearl as we started to walk. I fail to comprehend why humans willingly torture themselves by creating inventions like high heels.

Pearl nodded then checked her watch, "We still have thirty minutes left, shall we go?" Thus, we started to head to the garden with me occasionally almost tripping over everything. Although I was truly frustrated over the demonic inventions on my feet, I did not show it to Pearl. I do not want to offend her especially since she seemed to really like my look. I do like and appreciate what Pearl has done to my appearance, just not.. just not the heels.

Once we reached the garden, I could see Lucilia standing in the middle, she wore a.. suit? A black suit which emphasized her curves and just like I, it revealed her cleavage.. she looked rather handsome and thinking of that made me blush. But then I noticed that she was with Vaye and Weiss, the three seemed to be in a heated conversation. Pearl noticed this as well and it looked like she knew what they were talking about.. probably because of her abilities as a wolf. I was curious and I wanted to ask Pearl but I figured that if they did not want me to know then I shouldn't push. I must respect everyone's boundaries.

As Pearl and I walked towards them, the three stopped their conversation and they all looked at me with wide eyes. I blushed and shyly waved at them. Once we were close, Vaye immediately asked, "What the fuck happened to Angeline?"

Pearl smiled, "Don't be deceived by her looks, she's still as innocent as ever."

"Still, wow. You look beautiful, Angeline." Weiss complimented, giving me a small smile. I instantly smiled and thanked her in return. Weiss and I were not that close so I was happy that Weiss smiled at me. As much as possible, I would love to make as much friends as I can in my stay here.

Lucilia hissed, "Now, now, bitches, eyes off my slut." She went towards me and wrapped her arm around my waist, pulling me close to her and almost making me trip. Slut? I do not know the meaning of such word.. but by the looks on Pearl and Weiss' face, I assume it's not a praise..

Pearl glared at Lucilia, "You better treat her right this time, demon. You won't always have the chance to take her out."

Lucilia rolled her eyes and scoffed in return, "On the contrary, I do possess infinite chances to ask her out. If you have forgotten, she's my slave and I'll do whatever I want to my slave."

"She's your ma-"

"Shut your mouth, witch." Lucilia turned me around as she stated, "You do not know me well enough to predict my actions. I may just treat her like a queen right now or rape her in her sleep, who knows?" With that, she laughed and dragged me away from the three who were left glaring at Lucilia's back.