Chapter 21

Amethyst.
I sighed as I put the gun down and watched Lucilia and Angeline train. After the angel, Phalmus left, it looks like Angeline and Lucilia had a talk that went well because now, Lucilia was currently training Angeline. But as I watched the two train, it dawned to me that Angeline was a former queen, of course she knew how to fight. She was only training to adapt to her human strength. As for me, I knew absolutely nothing. Out of all of us, I was the weakest in the group. Therefore, I needed to train harder, Vaye isn't always going to be there to save me. I need to become my own hero as well. But how?

I looked around me to try and see some ideas that might help me become stronger. I stopped when my eyes caught two vampires dueling. They were both incredibly fast and incredibly strong. As I watched them attack, I noticed that the other one was smarter but the other one was tougher. Seems like they both have their own strategies. But even without strategies, they would still be very powerful because of their kind.. their kind, huh? Wait a minute.. that's it!

With a newly found idea, I looked around for Vaye and once I saw her, I immediately sprinted to her. Vaye was currently talking to Weiss and when she saw me approaching, she excused herself. With an amused smile, she spread her arms. I grinned and instantly jumped into her arms when I was close enough.

"What's got my baby so hyper?" She asked, smiling and kissing my forehead softly.

Okay, hopefully Vaye isn't reading my mind right now. Now, I have to be very careful once I ask Vaye the million dollar question since I don't know if Vaye would be ecstatic about it or not. I mean, she should be, right? I'll start slow by asking her to train me then I'll work my way up. With an innocent smile, I stated, "Well, I got lonely and I um.. I wanted to train with you!"

Vaye raised a brow before slowly nodding. "Sure, anything my girl wants. Should we start now? What do you want to learn?"

I absolutely did not think this through. What exactly do I want to learn? Maybe some taekwondo? I have no idea. Instead of answering, I shrugged. Vaye chuckled and slowly let go from the hug. She cracked her knuckles and I watched as she took a wooden sword. A wooden sword? That's cool! I've always wanted to stab someone, most preferably the monsters that were supposed to be my family.

Vaye smiled at me, "Alright, baby. For now, let's start with teaching you how to wield a sword. Oh wait! Before that, did Sapphire teach you self defense already?"

I frowned, "No, not yet. And by the way, I think Sapphire's in the kitchen?" When Vaye heard the word 'kitchen', she instantly groaned.

"I swear to God, that bitch always finds a way to slack off." I giggled as Vaye pinched the bridge of her nose. Sapphire's truly one of a kind.

Sighing, Vaye stated, "Well since that bitch obviously didn't follow my instructions, I'll be your self defense teacher."

"Alright, so to start, always remember to focus on your enemy's vulnerable areas like their eyes, nose, throat, stomach and groin. Since you're still a beginner, remember to avoid attacking the chest and the knees. Attacking the chest is often ineffective and attacking the knees requires professional skills so don't try that. Use all your force but not all your strength because you'll be needing lots of it. Also, when you fight, make sure to let your voice be heard, there's cases wherein the enemy becomes intimidated by one's voice so maybe try that? Mhm, I doubt angels will feel that way but there's no harm in trying, right?"

Oh. My. Freaking. Gosh. Why is Vaye so attractive? She literally sounded so hot when she said that. And her attire isn't helping me either, that sports bra is going to be the end of me. Maybe this was a bad idea? I could hardly focus especially since Vaye looks so fucking hot right now! The rare disadvantages of having an attractive girlfriend. I mean, I don't really think about sexy things a lot and doing the dirty with Vaye has only crossed my mind for maybe like two or three times? But seriously, Vaye looks so hot right now and her deep voice gets even more alluring.

"Babe? Are you listening?" Okay so maybe this was a bad idea but I originally asked Vaye to train me so I could ask her the million dollar question. Ugh, I feel so dumb right now.

Vaye noticed my dumbfounded expression and that made her laugh. "My mate's so adorable!" She cooed whilst pinching my cheeks.

My cheeks instantly became red and I pouted, "I can't help it! You just looked so attractive with your words a-and that stupid sports bra!" Vaye chuckled and winked at me.

"But seriously baby, you need to focus. Would you like me to call Pearl so she could train you instead? You'll be more focused with Pearl, right?" No! If that happens then I'll never be able to ask Vaye my million dollar question, that can't happen..

I instantly frowned, "No.." No offense to Pearl but I needed Vaye because..

Vaye's expression became confused when she noticed the shift in my mood. She held my hand and asked, "What's wrong, baby? Is it something I said?" I guess it's time to tell her..

I looked down, "It's just.. you guys are all supernatural beings, you're all very strong and agile. You guys can take care of yourselves and you're all very experienced in combat. Meanwhile, I'm just a human.. like a little kid who knows absolutely nothing about this. Vaye, I want to fight, I want to be able to help you guys but how am I supposed to do that? I'm just a human.. I can't do what you guys can do. I'll never stand a chance against those angels."

"But baby-"

I didn't let Vaye continue her sentence. "I can't have you or the others protecting me all the time. When the war happens, I want you all to focus on Gilan, I want you all to fight in the war without worrying about the human in the group. But then.. I-I observed those vampires and I realized that I didn't have to be a human in the war.. I could be something else, a whole different creature."

Vaye's eyes widened, "You can't be serious..?"

I nodded as I cupped Vaye's cheeks and asked her my million dollar question, "Vaye, will you turn me into one of your people?"

Vaye's eyes darkened and she looked around before suddenly carrying me, bridal-style. With her superhuman speed, she was able to bring me into our bedroom in just a few seconds. I hardly even saw anything. Vaye then gently placed me on our bed before pacing with a concerned look on her face.

"Are you sure, Amethyst?" She asked, looking very conflicted. When she called me by my name, I suddenly felt sad and disappointed in myself, I felt like I did something bad.. I got so used to her calling me 'baby' or 'babe'.

Concerned and confused, I nodded, "Why? What's wrong with me wanting to be a vampire?"

Vaye shook her head frantically, "There's nothing wrong with that, baby.. I just think you aren't thinking this through. Your thoughts are very influenced by the war and that's dangerous because it makes you forget about what you truly want. Is turning into a vampire what you truly want? Or is it because of the pressure of a war? What do you really feel, Amethyst?"

"Because if I turn you right now, there will be no turning back. Don't take this the wrong way baby, I'm glad you're considering the option of becoming one of my kind but I need to know if that's what your heart truly wants first. I-I don't want you to regret baby. To become a vampire, you have to be ready, you have to be willing and it has to come from the heart. Think about it, baby."

"Imagine, there's no war, it's just you and me. Mate and mate. Vampire and human. Would you still want to be a vampire?"

Would I still want to be a vampire?

Would I?