Chapter 45

Pearl.
Before their staring contest could escalate in a more serious matter, I stepped in between them and shook my head. I was hoping that they would get the message and back off. But unfortunately.. these two never listen to me. Ignoring me, Eva stepped closer then wrapped her arms around my waist, inching her face close to my neck and sniffing my scent. She pulled back with a smirk.

"Do you smell that? Smells like a woman who has already found her mate." Eva stated, grinning at Willow's frustrated expression.

I sighed and pulled away from Eva, my actions immediately made Willow smile. "Ha! It doesn't matter if she's found her mate, what matters is if she actually loves you or if she's only tolerating you." Willow countered, smirking as she watched Eva's grin turn into a scowl.

Eva looked at me, "Tell her she's wrong, Pearl!" I frowned when Eva raised her voice at me. She rarely raises her voice at me.. besides.. erm, intercouse but other than that, never.

"You're an absolute imbecile if you actually believe her, Eva." I answered, shaking my head at her. I then gave Willow a disappointed expression, "I'm sorry, Willow but I'd rather not acknowledge someone who wishes to ruin my relationship with my beloved.. just because of jealousy."

With that, I started to walk away from both of them. I did not hear any footsteps after mine so I knew they did not follow me. With a sigh, I headed to the library once more to find my solitude, away from the chaos. Reaching the library, I opened the doors and saw Vaye and Weiss looking at me as if they knew I'd come here.. oh who am I kidding? Of course they knew I was going to come here.

I smiled at them and as always, only Vaye returned the smile. Before I could take a seat, Weiss went straight to the point, "Reject her, Pearl."

I already knew what she was talking about and I originally planned to do it.. if it wasn't for Eva showing up, I would've done it already. Sighing, I faced Weiss and said, " l was about to but Eva showed up out of the blue.."

Vaye chuckled, "She probably smelled Willow's scent and came here as fast as she could. She's always been very possessive over you."

"I know but Willow's a friend, I don't want to reject her brutally.. if I could just make her understand that I'm already utterly in love with Eva.."

Weiss shook her head, "No, she knows, she's aware, she's not planning to take you away from Wolf. I just want you to reject her so she would stop harboring feelings for you.. Willow's a very stubborn woman and her feelings are even more stubborn than her."

I nodded, "Then I shall do it now." As I was about to leave the library, Vaye stopped me.

I gave her a confused look, "Yes? What's wrong?"

"You don't feel anything for Willow, do you?" As those words left her mouth, I furrowed my brows. Unlike other people, I am very much aware of my feelings and when I feel something different for someone, I can already distinguish what feeling it is.

With a chuckle, I shook my head, "Willow.. is a dear friend and I wish to maintain my friendship with her."

Vaye smiled, "Alright, I'm coming with you."

Weiss immediately disagreed, "Seriously, Throwne? Why on earth would you go with Pearl?" She gave Vaye an unamused expression.

"Why for the drama, of course! My baby Amethyst is sleeping and Wade and I have already done most of my duties for the day. I'm on my break and I'd rather spend it while watching some real life drama." Vaye exclaimed, grinning widely like a child who's about to eat her first candy.

Weiss sighed and shook her head, "I sometimes wonder why the most immature beings end up as royalties."

Vaye scoffed, "I am a queen but before I was a queen, I was just a mere child, searching for the tiniest bits of happiness, surely you were once like that as well?"