Rising Queen: Chapter 17

Rising Queen: Little Smile

Sapphire Hollow and Weiss Hudson.

After everything that happened yesterday, Willow didn't want to talk about it anymore and began acting like her usual self. I didn't want to push her boundaries so I just went with the flow. I could be insensitive sometimes and I desperately wanted to change that. I guess.. in a way, I felt like Willow didn't think I was just her friend anymore. I felt like our relationship had gone from friends to sisters. Of course I didn't want my stupid self doing anything to ruin the progress of our relationship. So unless Willow started talking about it, I figured I'll keep my mouth shut.

Just like yesterday, the two of us were at the cliff. But this time, I changed the spell that I wanted to learn. I asked Yna for advice and she told me that the spell that I chose yesterday was too advanced for beginners and I should start with something small.. like changing the color of something. While that sounded nice, I thought it was too boring. All small and easy spells were boring to me.

"Make up your mind, loser."

I groaned and put the book of spells down. "I just don't think any of these will impress Weiss! They're too boring and I want to learn a spell that might actually be useful to me or Weiss."

Willow shrugged, "How about a spell to make warm water? For hot coffee or hot chocolate?"

"You're making me want to rip my hair off."

She shot me an offended look, "Mind you, that's one of the most useful spells I know! I use that spell everyday 'cause I fucking love coffee."

"Nah, Weiss doesn't drink coffee and neither do I, hell I don't need that shit to stay awake." I stated, shrugging as Willow rolled her eyes at me.

"Well, thanks Dr. Obvious. Just pick out a spell already. We've been here for hours."

She wasn't lying or exaggerating. Willow and I have been here since this morning until afternoon. I spent all those hours trying to look for a spell that didn't fucking bore me but failed. Meanwhile, Willow was busy trying to fit twenty rocks inside a condom. I just couldn't find a spell that I wanted, it was honestly so fucking frustrating.

"Why don't I.. teach you a simple spell first? So you can at least learn one spell for today." Willow suggested, throwing her condom full of rocks over the cliff.

"How many did you fit?"

She grinned, "Twenty two, I think that's a record."

"Now stand up, you fucking bitch, we're not wasting any more time." I chuckled and stood up.

"Alright, I'll teach you how to turn this tree into any color you want." She gestured to the tree behind her. It was a massive oak tree with long branches that overlooked the cliff.

I shrugged, "Fine, it's better than nothing."

I felt a bit disappointed that I couldn't find any spell that I wanted to learn. The previous spell that I chose was a spell that could make your partner horny but Willow told me that was too freaky and too advanced so I wasn't able to learn it. The next spell was one where I can make things grow bigger, ehem Weiss' boobs, but Willow told me that I'm an asshole for wanting to alter Weiss' body and I realized she was right so I crossed that off my list. Then the next spell was one where I can make my own clones but this was way too advanced and I couldn't pronounce the spell properly.