Rising Queen: Chapter 19

Rising Queen: Alpha's Queen

Pearl Riverdale and Eva Wolfe.

"Alright, take a seat, both of you."

Eva and I looked at each other, confused, before sitting in front of Eva's mother, Jessie. She called us in for an important discussion to which she did not want to share the details unless we were both in her private office.

To say that I was nervous was an understatement. Jessie has never acted serious and strict in front of me. Every time I saw her, she was always goofy and sweet, much like her daughter. But right now, her brows were furrowed and she was narrowing her eyes at us. It made me wonder if Eva and I had done something wrong but I couldn't recall a thing.

Eva and I have spent the past few weeks going around the kingdom and solving pack problems. We've been discussing how to manage the packs better and we've decided to have a meeting with all of the alphas to further discuss future plans. Not until Jessie called us in and we immediately went back to the castle to meet with her.

"I'm going to be very frank with the both of you.. what the hell do you think you guys are doing?"

Even more confused, I looked at Eva who only shrugged at me. "I don't understand, mother. Pearl and I have been doing our duties nonstop so what seems to be the problem?"

Jessie groaned and pinched the tip of her nose before sighing and placing a crown on the table. I observed the crown and felt mesmerized by its appearance. It was a diamond crown with gold all over it, along with a giant blue pearl as the center piece. Jessie gestured towards the crown, "Uhm, hello? Pearl's coronation? And your marriage?"

My jaw dropped, "My what?"

She sighed, "I guess Eva failed to inform you, if not, you wouldn't be this oblivious, Pearl." She then shot a glare at her daughter who only hid behind me.

"I didn't forget anything!" Eva whined, peeking from over my shoulder.

Jessie rolled her eyes, "Yes, you did, you numbskull. Pearl here has not had any formal coronation and marriage yet, care to explain that?"

Eva gulped, "I-I was planning to tell her about the coronation later.. you just happened to be faster than me. And why do we even need marriage? There is no need for that."

I guess I shouldn't be so surprised. I knew my coronation had to happen sooner than later, I just didn't expect it to happen so soon. The war has only just ended so I thought Eva and I will fix every damage first before I become formally crowned as queen.

The marriage did not surprise me though, even I thought marriage was unnecessary. As werewolves, we've always thought of marriage as nothing but a title of spouse and spouse. The mate bond was considered as marriage already and was also superior to being married. Marriage was where the title was but the mate bond was where the true love and experience was. The moon goddess did not create marriage, instead she created the mate bond and so it was obvious which was more important than the other. Humans were the ones who started marriage, some supernaturals just wanted to try it which was why it reached my kind.