Chapter 20

Angeline.
Yesterday was quite an unusual day. Although it was nice to meet Gaia, I find it quite weird to see the all knowing being to be so kind to Lucilia. I didn't know they had history. But from what I witnessed yesterday, their history seemed to be somewhat inappropriate. Ah, I don't have to right to judge, it's their business and their privacy. But why do I feel strange? Why do I feel this negative energy whenever I think of Gaia and Lucilia's history? And when I passed by Lucilia's room yesterday, I heard screams which were coming from Gaia. At first I thought Lucilia was torturing Gaia and I wanted to interfere to check if they were okay but Eva stopped me.

I do not know why Eva stopped me. Eva just assured me that they were okay before dragging me away from Lucilia's room. As much as I wanted to respect their privacy, I also wanted to know what they were doing. Being a human made it hard to control these temptations. Being a human also made it hard to distinguish these strange emotions from my other emotions. Sighing, I lightly tapped my cheek as a way of telling myself to stop thinking.

"Are you okay?" I looked up and saw Amethyst offering me a kind smile. I smiled back at her as I nodded. She seemed to be unconvinced but she let it go.

"Alrighty then. Just tell me if something's bothering you, okay? I just wanna make sure everything's fine." I nodded and thanked her. I then watched as Amethyst turned around and approached her lover.

Today was a busy day because we were training. I mean.. they were training, I was just sitting on this bench. I wanted to train with them, I really do but Lucilia wouldn't allow me. I did not know why but she made me sit here. Since I was not allowed to disobey her, I had no choice but to stay put. I could tell that the others were against the idea of just sitting around because I also had to be prepared but Lucilia was stubborn. I tried to reason with her that I was a human now which means I need to train even more because I am not that strong. But Lucilia only laughed at me.

"I don't understand why you're just sitting there like a good little girl." I looked at my right and saw Vaye approaching me. She sat beside me with a sigh.

"I have no choice. Lucilia is my mistress and I have to follow whatever she says." I stated, my voice low.

Vaye scoffed, "A mistress at least acknowledges her pet's desire." The way she said it gave me a feeling that she knew what she was talking about.

"Oh, really? Then why don't you demonstrate it for me?" I sat straight as soon as I heard Lucilia's deep and ominous voice.

Vaye glared at her as she stood up, "I would but I don't see my mate as a pet unlike some people." Lucilia's eyes darkened once those words left Vaye's mouth. But before the argument could continue, Vaye walked away.

Lucilia sat beside me with a scowl. Her horns seemed even longer than before. "Such foolish creatures. They know nothing about my kind." She mumbled, glaring at Vaye who was currently teaching Amethyst how to reload a pistol.

I tilted my head, "Why don't you educate them then?" Lucilia looked at me with an unknown expression on her face. Her dark red eyes seemed to become even darker until it was almost the color black.

Lucilia did not reply, instead her eyes roamed my face until it went lower and landed on my cleavage. I blushed, I was wearing a white crop top that didn't really cover much of my breasts. Luckily, I was wearing a sport bra. And if you are wondering, why the sinful choice of clothes? Well, these aren't mine and Lucilia made me wear these so I didn't have much of a choice.

"You look.. absolutely delicious." She whispered, licking her lips as her eyes went even further down. She then looked up and had eye contact with me.

"What are you doing to me?" She questioned, her expression becoming soft as her lips hid a hint of a smile. I smiled, Lucilia looked so vulnerable right now, it made me wonder what truly lies in her heart.

"May God have mercy on your soul, my fallen queen." The moment was ruined as soon as I heard this voice. My eyes widened and I quickly looked up.

There above us was Phalmus, the angel of visions and dreams. He smiled at me as he softly landed on the ground. The vampires around me were quick to try and attack him but Phalmus had a ball of protection surrounding him so the vampires weren't able to approach him. He smugly smiled at the vampires before slowly walking towards me. Lucilia immediately stood up and that simple action of hers made Phalmus pause.

Before I knew it, beside me were the three queens and their mates. They were all in a protective stance. Lucilia smiled as she suddenly teleported beside Phalmus who tensed when the queen of demons was near him. Lucilia noticed Phalmus' fear and it pleased her.

"Phalmus, I haven't seen you since you were just a good for nothing angel. But look at you now, finally earning a title for yourself. Albeit the title you hold comes from deceit and manipulation." Is she claiming that Phalmus is a fraud?

Phalmus glared at Lucilia, "Shut your mouth, demon. You know nothing of what you speak of." Hearing this, Lucilia only laughed.

"Ah, you must have forgotten, Phalmus. Before I become a demon, I was an angel. I know the feeling of wanting to impress God and look where it led me to."

"What? Since you killed half of the population of angels because you thought it would make you the most powerful being? You never wanted to impress God, you wanted to surpass God!"

Lucilia only smirked, "And surpassing God would have been impressive, would it not?" Phalmus' cheeks reddened as he tried to think of a comeback but came up with none.

"Keep believing all of these lies, demon. I am only here to serve as a warning. My fallen queen, Angeline, such a shame for you to stoop so low and ask the help of a demon. You have truly proved yourself not worthy of becoming our queen once more. The angels are much better in the hands of King Gilan." Was I really a bad queen? Did I not deserve the title? So this was what the angels saw me as? I bit my lip as I looked down to hide the tears that were threatening to escape.

"That's not a warning, idiot." Weiss scoffed, rolling her eyes.

Phalmus ignored Weiss, "King Gilan already knows of this foolish alliance of yours and it will not threaten us. Soon, you will all be on your knees, begging to be forgiven. King Gilan will only forgive those who he sees redeemable. Prepare yourselves, lowly creatures, for you have angered the most powerful beings." And with that, he glared at us all before disappearing.

As soon as he was gone, I turned around and walked away, not minding the tears that were streaming down my face. I heard my name being called but I was too much of a coward to face them. I kept walking and walking until I reached my room. I sat down on my bed and stared lifelessly at the wall. All this time, the angels were not the problem, the ruler was the problem, I was the problem. Maybe they were right, Gilan is a better ruler than me.

"Angels lie too, you know?" I looked at the door and saw Lucilia entering. She locked the door and slowly approached me. Once she was standing in front of me, she kneeled down and cupped my cheek.

Before she could say anything else, I was quick to ask her, "You were an angel?"

Lucilia chuckled, "Of course. But I was an angel with no title. And seeing all of the other angels being praised by God, I was jealous."

"But why would you kill all of those poor angels?"

Lucilia's face darkened but she answered nonetheless, "Because I wanted to become God. Looking back now, I want to laugh at how foolish I was. No matter how hard I try, I was never close to becoming God so instead, I accepted my punishment and became a completely different creature."

"Do you.. do you regret it?" I asked, placing my hand on Lucilia's cheek. Looks like my action was enough to soften Lucilia.

"No. If I were given a chance to start over, I would only do it again and again. Because it not only helped me discover myself, it also led me to this beautiful but heartbroken queen."

Lucilia smiled at me and gently placed a soft kiss on my forehead before standing up. "Once a great queen, always a great queen." And with that, she winked at me and left the room.

But her words entered my left ear and left through my right ear. I couldn't focus on anything else because I was too distracted by the burning kiss on my forehead.

I wish she'd kiss me once more.