Chapter 24

Pearl.
When my foot stepped on the ground, I was immediately met with people bowing towards Eva and I. I had not expected such welcome.. I knew I was their real Alpha and all but I do not see the need of such an exaggerated welcome. In front of us was Jerry, who was respectfully bowing as well. I glanced at Eva and saw her smirking at the welcome that she received. I rolled my eyes and gently nudged her sides. Eva only winked at me before clearing her throat and saying, "Stand up."

As if they were robots, they immediately obeyed Eva's words. Jerry looked at us with a bright grin. Now that I could see his face, I remembered a bit about him. He was sort of like my uncle figure back then. My father and mother never really introduced me to my relatives, my father always told me that mother and his parents didn't get along too well. As for my mother's parents, they were already dead when I was born. Now that I think about it, I often felt lonely when I was a child because I had a father who was a busy Alpha, a mother in a coffin and I had absolutely no friends.

I do remember Jerry giving some time for me. Whenever he noticed I was lonely, he'd rush in and play with me but I guess our bond drifted apart when I grew up. When I became a teenager, I became obsessed with books and that made me realize that I didn't need humans for interaction, I was already happy with just my books. I suppose it's partially my fault why our bond vanished. But it was going to happen either way because of my father's selfish desires.

Jerry's eye's brightened when they met mine, "Alpha Pearl! It's so nice to see you again. I-I'm so sorry about your father. If I had known about his true colours, I would have-"

"That's quite alright, Jerry. You don't have to do anything. Everything's taken care of." I cut him off, not wanting to hear him say he would of killed my father.

He nodded, "Yes, of course." He then turned to Eva and bowed once more. "Your majesty, Eva Wolf. It is a pleasure to be in your presence." The pack mates behind Jerry immediately said the same words whilst bowing towards Eva.

Eva chuckled, "The pleasure is all mine. Now everyone, I want you all to continue your day as if we are not here. I'd like to see how your new Alpha Jerry does his job." The pack mates except Jerry bowed once more before leaving to do their business.

Jerry cleared his throat, "Shall I lead you to my office, my queens?"

"No, I'd like us to conversate as we take a look around the place. I hope that's not a bother." I stated, looking around. I secretly only wanted to explore the place where I had grown up. I also wanted to visit my father's house to take a look in my old room.

"The queen's words are never a bother, your majesty." He stated, smiling.

"Anyways, shall we?"

I stayed silent as Jerry led us to what looked like a vast field. I knew Jerry was talking about something but I was too distracted to pay attention to him. I guess being in my birth place after a long time can feel so.. peculiar. I continued looking around as Eva and I followed Jerry walk in the middle of the field. Around us were the pack mates, some were in their wolf form, training, others were in their human form, talking and.. some were just blatantly standing there, stark naked. I can never get used to seeing so much people naked in one place. To me, in seemed like an.. orgy. Ugh, Sapphire and Eva's perverted minds are rubbing on me.

Babe?

I almost shrieked when I heard Eva's voice in my head. Why am I still not used to our mind link? For goodness' sake! I've endure years of being in the same body with two other people and yet, I'm still not used to mind links, how embarrassing.

What is it, Eva?

Fool! That is our mate, our queen! You shall address her with respect! My wolf, Perla growled. I could imagine her glaring at me with her large silver eyes and her saliva dripping from her mouth. Just the mere imagination of it already makes me want to roll my eyes.

Hey, it's cool baby Perla. I just sensed my baby Pearl feeling weird so.. I decided to check on her.

From the corner of my left eye, I could see Eva giving me a concerned look. Suddenly feeling overwhelmed with Eva's affection, I blushed and looked away whilst clearing my throat.

You don't need to worry, Eva. I'm fine. It just feels weird to be back here.

Whilst walking, I felt Eva slip her hand into mine. I blushed even harder. Biting my lip, I decided to block Eva out of my mind to listen to Jerry who was still blabbering about whatever he found necessary to tell us.

"So, the baby wolves have been growing and thankfully, they're all very healthy. Our pack doctors have been monitoring their growth daily to make sure that nothing goes wrong when the time comes for them to shift. I'd say the future of the Purple Moon Pack is secured." Acting like I've been listening all this time, I nodded.

Before Jerry could say anything, Eva cleared her throat. I looked at Eva as she stated, "Thank you for briefing us, Jerry. But if you'll excuse us, your Luna and I have some important matters to discuss."

Jerry's eyes widened, "O-Our Luna?"

Eva smirked and winked at him, "Your future Luna of all werewolves, yes. Now, if you'll excuse us." With that, she dragged me away from Jerry, leaving him stunned with his jaw dropped.

I glared at the back of Eva's head as she dragged me. "Eva! Where in bloody hell are we going?! Why would you interrupt our visit here?!"

"Baby, I'm sorry but shut up. You clearly weren't listening and you've been distracted the whole day. We won't be able to learn anything about the pack if we're both so out of our minds. We'll continue the conversation with Jerry tomorrow but for now, let's just chill and relax our minds, yeah?"

I frowned and was about to argue with Eva when I felt myself becoming lightheaded. Taking a deep breath, I started to walk slowly which Eva immediately noticed.

"Babe? What's wrong?" I closed my eyes and clenched my teeth as I felt something inside of me wanting to burst out. Maybe.. maybe this was the reason why I was so distracted earlier. Because of this stupid wolf of mine.

You've been out for so long. I want my mate.

With that, I could feel myself being dragged deeper inside my mind whilst someone else took over. When I opened my eyes, I immediately met Eva's eyes who looked alert. I grinned and threw my arms around Eva's shoulder while planting kisses all over her face.

Eva was shocked and it was obvious because she stuttered whilst saying, "Pe-Perla?!"

I pulled away and winked at her, "The one and only, my lovely mate!"

[A/N] So maybe I changed my mind about the content being wholesome? Eh, whatever. Anyways, sorry about the late update guys :[ I had to finish a bunch of projects this weekend aaaand, I have exams on dec. 14-18 TvT. And since I have exams, please don't expect any updates on the next weekend. I mean, if I'm not too busy studying, maybe I'll update but it's not sure, alright? So yeah, I guess that's it.

As always, enjoy reading~!