Chapter 64

Angeline.
I lied. I wasn't sure if Lucilia and Gilan were really in the throne room. I wasn't sure where they could be. So I lied. I lied to Amethyst and I.. I felt so guilty. I couldn't leave her like that but I had to see Lucilia and I had to talk to Gilan. I tried to comfort Amethyst with a small kiss before running away, I hope she won't hate me for leaving her. I understood how she felt, being protected whilst her lover fought in the war, the same was happening to me after all. But I knew I was capable of doing something. I knew the enemy, out of all us, I had the most knowledge about the enemy, especially about Gilan.

My plan was to originally check on Lucilia and my friends whilst occasionally helping some supernaturals, but it's been revised. I'm going straight to Gilan and I'm going to give him a piece of my mind. There's a chance he won't listen and instead just kill me before I could open my mouth but I know Gilan well enough to know that he always likes to have the last word. If I talked to him, he will reply, as long as I keep talking, he won't stop until he gets that last word. I was still unsure if the throne room was their exact location but it's the location that made the most sense to me.

I looked down and bit my lip as I tightly held the gun that Gaia gave me. Outside of the vault, I couldn't hear Cynthia, Gaia or Princess Willow anymore which didn't help ease my spirit. Where could they have gone? I assumed they'd still be here and I really was hoping to see them but.. they're gone. I gulped and cautiously approached the vault's door. I tried to open it and was surprised to find that the door of the vault was already opened.. or rather damaged, critically damaged. I peeked outside of the vault and sighed in relief when I saw that there was no one in sight. With a racing heart, I slowly tiptoed out of the vault and began heading towards the throne room.

The throne room was not far from where I was. All I had to do was avoid encountering any angels, especially my former archangels. I do not wish to harm anyone, I simply wish to reunite with my lover and resolve this violence with peace. My wish.. felt like a distant dream but I knew that it would only remain a dream if I don't do something and I'm not that kind of woman. If I know I can do something to help, I will help. That's just how I was.

I froze when I heard people fighting. The noise seemed to be coming from my right which made me relax a little but this only meant that I was heading straight towards the war. I gulped and continued walking nonetheless.

"Don't you think it's a bit dangerous for you to be walking alone?" I jumped and looked at Pearl who suddenly appeared.

"H-How-"

"I happened to get a whiff of your scent because I was close by. Pardon me but you're not.. planning to walk straight into Lucilia and Gilan's fight, are you?" Pearl asked, although she looked like she already knew the answer to her own question before I could react.

"I-I.. I need to. Will you please accompany me there?"

Pearl furrowed her brows, "You're lucky angels don't have a strong sense of smell like wolves. But to answer your question, no. I'm talking you to Weiss' hut." Pearl approached me and grabbed my arm.

I shook my head and quickly detached my arm from her hold, "I'm sorry Pearl but if you will not accompany me then I'm afraid I have no choice but to go alone." I stated, standing my ground against Pearl.

She clicked her tongue and sighed, "Angeline, I do not mean to sound rude but you are a defenseless human walking around in the middle of the war, oblivious to the vile and merciless creatures lurking around you. You wouldn't want Lucilia to see you full of wounds and I'm positive you hold no strength to pull the trigger of your gun. No matter how much you look at our situation, it's truly best if I just take you to the hut where you'll be protected and secured and Lucilia will be able to fight more effectively because she knows you're safe." I knew what she was doing. Pearl was kind but she can also be manipulative when she wanted to be.