Chapter 63

Amethyst.
I couldn't move. It was as if my body was glued to the floor. My feet refused to walk. My hands were attached to my ears. My eyes were shut close. My mouth was dry from not producing a single sound. My body was frozen, it felt cold and yet so painfully hot. My heart raced with suspense and worry. I stayed in this position as we waited in the vault. It felt like we've been here for thousands of years but in reality, we've only been here for a few hours. As each minute went by, I could hear the silence bleeding through my ears. To say that I was in a horrible state, was definitely a huge understatement.

My Vaye, the love of my life, my mate, my soon to be wife, my queen, my baby, my soulmate was outside of this vault, fighting for her people. My best friends, Pearl and Sapphire were outside of this vault, fighting for our community. My close friends, Weiss, Eva, Gaia, Willow, Cynthia, and even Lucilia were outside of this vault, fighting with their might while I stayed inside the protection of this vault. I felt useless and restless. But of course, I understood why Vaye made me stay here. If I were to fight in the war, Vaye wouldn't be able to focus, she'd be too worried and would only end up protecting me. Despite my training, Vaye doesn't think I can defend myself so she'd only end up as my guard if I fought in the war..

But no matter how safe and protected I was in this vault, it didn't matter if Vaye wasn't safe and protected as well. And I had no way to find out if Vaye was safe. Thus, I couldn't function properly. I needed assurance that my mate was safe and okay. I needed to hear her voice, I needed to see her, I needed to embrace her. I was starting to think that I should've persuaded Vaye to turn me into a vampire so I could fight alongside her. Gosh I feel so stupid!

"Amethyst.. you're shaking."

I opened my eyes and was met with Angeline's bright golden eyes. She gave me a worried look and took my hands, giving them a gentle squeeze. "Deep breaths, my friend."

I shook my head and suddenly began to hyperventilate. Angeline gasped and released my hands, "Amethyst! You're hyperventilating! Uhm.. cup your hands and bring them slowly to your mouth. Breathe slowly into your cupped hands."

Dazed, I cupped my shaking hands and began to breathe into them. My eyes widened when Angeline suddenly embraced me, "Try to match with my breathing pace."

I closed my eyes and began to relax, matching with Angeline's pace and breathing slowly into my hands. Once Angeline made sure that I calmed down, she let go and sighed in relief. I looked down and bit my lip as tears formed, "I-I'm sorry.."

"You have nothing to be sorry for.. I understand, Amethyst. I truly do. I feel the same. My.. my Luci.. my Lucilia is fighting outside while I'm stuck inside.. we're separated so I have no idea how she's doing.. it's eating at me and I feel like exploding but I have to keep it in, for Lucilia's sake." She whispered, sighing deeply.

I couldn't help it anymore, I started to uncontrollably sob, making Angeline embrace me once again. "W-Why d-does it ha-have to be us?! W-We d-didn't do a-anything wrong!" Angeline stayed silent as she began to run her fingers through my hair.

"I miss her so much.. I want to see her so bad.. I don't want her to get hurt, Angeline.. it'll kill me. I want to protect her!"

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked up and saw Wade giving me a sad smile. She crouched down to my level and stated, "Your majesty.. Queen Vaye is the strongest queen I know. She can defeat warriors with just a flick of her fingers. Even the sound of her voice or the mention of her name scares our enemies. No one is going to be able to hurt our Queen. She's strong and she will come back for you, Amethyst. Believe in her."

I hiccupped and nodded, wiping my tears. "T-Thank you.."

Suddenly, Wade and Rena both took out their weapons, surprising both Angeline and I. Wade cursed, "Fuck, Princess Willow, Ms. Cynthia and Ms. Gaia are engaged in combat as we speak."