Chapter 66

Italic - is for Angeline's thoughts.
The normal/default font is for Gilan's thoughts.

Warning: I don't want to spoil but this chapter contains vile events. But also kinda my fav chapter so far.

Angeline/Gilan.
Seeing the demon's pained expression gave me satisfaction. Who knew taking control of this pathetic fraud was the key to unlocking the demon's weakness? Ah, I've always thought that mates were useless. Destiny? Fate? Such foolishness! There's no such thing as that! I will not allow an ignorant goddess to decide my life for me. Therefore I reject this idea of mates. I choose whoever I want and who I want was someone powerful. Maybe after I win the war.. I'll choose among the pathetic queens to bear my child. Mhm, it looked like the demon didn't share the same thoughts as I did. I thought for sure she'd reject her mate and whore around like always.. it was a pleasant surprise to know that she became wrapped around her mate's finger.. or in this case, 'my' finger.

Gilan..

I ignored the voice in my head and smirked at the demon and the witch. "What game shall we play? Mhm.." Grinning, I approached Melphim who was on the floor, crying in pain.

I crouched down to his level, "Melphim, I can sense your pain. Stay there for I, your king, shall ensure our victory." I took his sword and stood up.

Melphim smiled at me, "Y-Yes, y-your highness. To Gilan be all the glory!"

"But next time Melphim, I do expect you to last until the end of the fight, I didn't realize you were so weak. Disappoint me once more and I will see to it that you are exiled from my kingdom." As soon as I said this, I saw all the color drained from his face. I smirked at his reaction. Did he really think I'd praise him? This idiot was defeated so easily by that demon! As his king, I was humiliated by his defeat. I decided I shall execute him soon, he's not worth anything and has no value to me anymore.

Gilan, you can't..

Ignoring the voice once more, I faced the two pathetic losers and smiled. "So this is how it's going to go, I will stab you wherever I want and you are not allowed to retaliate. But if you do fight back, I'll make sure to kill Angeline." I watched as the demon growled at me.

"I'm going to fucking kill you Gilan."

I grinned and stepped closer to her, "Really? Then do it. Take out your scythe and pierce through my skin, do it. Let it be known that once you do that, your blade will penetrate the heart of your mate and you will soon die after so be my guest, demon. Kill me."

I then smiled at the witch and stated, "Leave Lucilia and I. If not, I won't hesitate to break Angeline's soul."

The witch cursed under her breath before looking Lucilia. The demon nodded and gestured for her to go, "It's fine, Angeline and I will handle this. See to it that the rest of the archangels have met their demise." The demon stated. I raised a brow in amusement. The witch nodded and approached Melphim before grabbing his head and dragging him out of the throne room with her.

Once she was out of my sight, I grinned and approached Lucilia whilst holding my sword. "Too bad Solous wasn't able to fully possess Amethyst like me. Would've been nice to have that bloodsucking bitch wrapped around my finger as well."

"You do know I can possess Angeline too." Lucilia stated, glaring at me.

I smirked, "Sure but once you do, I'll break Angeline's soul and you'll be left with nothing but her body. You'll probably like it, your own personal sex doll." She growled lowly and took threatening steps towards me.

"She's my mate!"

"And I'm holding her captive." I replied, smiling innocently.

"Face it, demon. You can't do anything to stop me." It was true. Right now, I held Angeline's soul in my hands. Sure the demon can possess this human as well but the moment I start feeling Lucilia's presence, I'll instantly break Angeline's soul. I had them both where I wanted them, at my mercy.