Chapter 65

Angeline.
I once knew how to fight. But it all felt like a distant memory now. When I was an angel, I knew how to fight, I knew the extent of my powers and I was a relatively good fighter but as much as possible, I avoided violence at all times. I don't like violence and I never will. But as I clenched the gun in my hands, I knew this time it didn't matter whether I abhorred violence or not. This time, as I looked into Melphim's eyes, I realized I had no choice. I honestly didn't know if I could talk Melphim into joining our side, I was afraid of his rebuttals. Just like his sword that was aimed at me, his words were no different. With shaking hands, I brought my gun up and aimed at him.

Melphim smirked at my action, "Interesting." I gasped when he suddenly disappeared in front of me. I quickly turned around, in fear that he would have transported behind me and just as I suspected, he was there.

He chuckled, "Ah, too predictable? Mhm, let's try something else then!" He grinned and disappeared once more. My heart pounded as I quickly looked around but didn't find him anywhere. Where could he be?? I frantically aimed my gun everywhere whilst breathing heavily.

"Too late." I immediately froze as I felt the cold steel of the sword against my neck. Melphim appeared before me with a big grin.

"You know.. Gilan and I could've just made you our slave but we decided to have mercy on you. Therefore, before I take your life, you should thank Gilan, your rightful King." He stated, smiling so wide, it made me flinch.

I gritted my teeth as I glared at him, "You can do whatever you want but I will never thank Gilan. There is only one rightful king in this world and that is our god almighty."

Melphim clicked his tongue and shook his head before putting on a nonchalant face as he shrugged. "You never fail to disappoint me but at least I'll enjoy watching the blood drain from your body. Good-bye, Angeline."

As I closed my eyes, I suddenly remembered that I still held my gun. Silently hoping that it was aimed at him, I discreetly pulled the trigger. I flinched and stumbled slightly as the gun fired before slowly opening my eyes and seeing Melphim clenching his bleeding stomach. My eyes widened and my hearts started to shake again.

Melphim glared at me, "You bitch! I was considering giving you a fast death but now it looks like you'll have to suffer a very slow and excruciating demise! I was being nice to you, Angeline but it seems that you've taken advantage of my kindness!"

I shook my head, unable to say anything before turning around and running away. As I was about to reach the door, someone blocked my way. "Leaving so soon?" Gilan asked, smirking before kicking my stomach, sending me flying across the wall and into the wall.

As my back made contact with the wall, I couldn't help but spluttered out blood. Lucilia saw this and her eyes widened. "Don't fucking hurt her!" I coughed blood and looked up to see Lucilia beating Gilan with her claws. It looked like Gilan was having a hard time defending himself so that was reassuring.

I tried to stand but only managed to make the pain worse so I decided to stay still. I looked for anything that might help me stand but couldn't find anything. I rolled over and laid on my back, crying softly at the pain. I felt like Gilan had broken my ribs from his kick and my landing on the wall had damaged my spine. There was too much pain at once, it was unbearable but I couldn't do anything besides cry.

I instantly froze when Melphim approached me, "You fucking idiot. Looks like I'll have to continue what Gilan started." He grinned once again and lifted his sword before attacking me.

I cried and closed my eyes tightly, waiting for the sword to pierce my skin but nothing came. I slowly opened my eyes to see.. Queen Weiss..? She was holding Melphim by the neck. "I do apologize for being late, Angeline. I had to deal with two puny archangels before coming here." With that, she casually threw Melphim across the room.