Chapter 14

Angeline.
As I looked at the queens before me, I felt a sense of guilt. This was all my fault. If I had not been captivated by the love between two women, this never would have happened. I was selfish. I acted without thinking, I believed that the angels would side with me. Instead, as soon as they see my flaw, they turn their backs against me. But was it really a flaw? Was it a flaw to appreciate love as it is? Love is unpredictable, it can happen in the most unexpected places, it can cause chaos and peace and it can change a person. And love.. love can make you see past a person's attitude, skin and gender. When it comes to love, none of those matter, what does matter is the person whom you're in love with.

Did the angels not see it that way? Was I the only one with this way of thinking? Was I the wrong one to think like this? Was it wicked to think of love as such a beautiful gift from God? Sighing, I waited for the others as they mentally prepared themselves to go inside The Lioness' Den.

When I first saw these wonderful people, when they first came into my apartment, I was shocked. Being visited by the queen of vampires, queen of wolves, and queen of witches at the same time? I thought I was in trouble. But that thought faded as soon as I saw their mates, I instantly knew why they were there. I knew Gaia would spread the word to whom she sees worthy. And I can't blame her for choosing these six wonderful women. They were powerful in their own ways.

First was Vaye Throwne, the queen of vampires. I had always admired her for being strong. Her life was never easy and there were multiple times when she wanted to give up and just join her parents but she never did. She knew her responsibility, she knew she was the last hope for their kind. And she didn't disappoint, she grew up to be one of the strongest people that I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Next to her was Amethyst Scott, the unexpected human mate of the vampire queen. If you were the type to judge from appearances, you'd think she was the weak and naive little girl. But she was nothing like that, she had her own thoughts, her own will and her own strength. She was powerful in her own way.

Second was Weiss Hudson, the queen of witches and wizards. With her innocent look and her gentle eyes, you would think she's the nice and easy going queen. But that's where you're wrong. She's fierce, most likely the fiercest queen I've met. She's not afraid to speak her mind and she's known for being the queen that makes you cower with just one look. She's smart, strong and fierce but just like everyone else, she's got a soft side. Especially for her mate, Sapphire Hollow, the mischievous red headed vampire. Sapphire was just like Weiss. You would think she's fierce and intimidating from her looks but in the inside, she's nice and easy going. But when it came to someone hurting her friends or her lover, she can become what you expected her to be just from her looks. Sapphire and Weiss were the perfect example of 'opposites attract'.

Third was Eva Wolf, the queen of werewolves. Just like Vaye, Eva didn't have a happy family history. Eva's family had left her alone in the forest. But luckily she was found by Jessie, the former queen of werewolves. Her whole life, she was being picked on for not being a true Wolf, for not being Jessie's real child. But that didn't stop her from becoming the queen that her kind looked up to. Sure, she was immature and very adventurous in terms of sex but when her kingdom needed her, she was always there to help. And when she needed help, she had her mate, Pearl Riverdale, the only werewolf who had managed to tame Eva. The mature young lady could easily impress you with her knowledge about everything. She was the perfect example of 'beauty with brains'. Not only that, she was also extremely loyal. She was loyal to her heart and her heart consisted of her family, her friends and her mate, therefore she was loyal to them. Despite the conflicts she's had with her loved ones, she'll always remain loyal.

I smiled as hope began brewing inside of me. With their help, we could put an end to the war and prevent the chaos that came with the war. And after all of this, I would pay the punishment for starting this all, whatever God may have coming for me, I will accept it with open arms. My God will never do anything without reason, therefore I trust God with my whole life. I know God's letting this happen for a reason and I shall accept it, whether it would result with me in my death bed or not, I will still accept it. God's words are absolute.