Chapter 62

Pearl.
As soon as I saw Sapphire's sword clash against Phalmus' sword, I quickly dashed behind Phalmus and went to tackle him. But I shouldn't have underestimated him as Phalmus quickly dodged my attack by flying. I looked at him in the sky and mentally cursed. Vampires and werewolves were the only two supernaturals who were unable to fly, thus this was going to be hard. If Sapphire and I want to reach him, Sapphire's going to have to jump high by using me as leverage. But then Phalmus could just dodge again by moving to the side. Looks like fighting an archangel would be harder than I thought. Either Sapphire jumps high to reach him or we find a way to get Phalmus on the ground. But the only way Phalmus would fight on the ground would be if his wings were cut off.

I growled and watched as Phalmus shot us an arrogant smirk, "Ah.. what useless creatures! You can't even fly! What's the point of being a supernatural if you can't fly?"

Sapphire stood beside me, "I tried reading his mind but it's no use. They're blocking it with some holiness shit or whatever. What are we gonna do?" I needed to talk to Sapphire but I couldn't just unshift carelessly or else I'd be standing here naked.

But I had an idea.

I looked at Sapphire in the eyes, hoping she'd get the message to follow me before running into the woods. In the open area, Sapphire and I may be at a disadvantage but if we were in the woods full of tall tress, Sapphire and I can reach Phalmus in no time. Since vampires and wolves can't fly, we were created as the fastest and most agile among supernaturals. Climbing trees was no trouble for us as well, especially for Sapphire.

"Oh yeah! I see where you're getting at!" Sapphire yelled as she followed me. I can hear her footsteps close behind me.

I looked up and saw Phalmus following us as well. He had a huge grin and was aiming his bow at us. I growled and quickly dodged when he shot an arrow. "Where the hell did that motherfucker get that bow?! He was just holding a fucking sword!" I wanted to yell at Sapphire to stop getting distracted but only managed to let out a bark.

My only disadvantage was that I couldn't communicate with Sapphire. In my wolf form, I could only make out barks, howls and growls. I couldn't mindlink with her either as mindlinks were exclusive only to wolves. This was going to be much more of a challenge than I thought. Sapphire and I were completely different, we don't think alike and our movements don't match well with each other. So far I've just been hoping that in the battlefield, Sapphire and I can become one.

I cursed as I failed to dodge one arrow. It penetrated my back but I couldn't care less. I growled and began to climb the tall trees as fast I could. When I was finally near Phalmus, I jumped as high as I can and bit down his leg. This meant if I let go of his leg, I'd fall down, thus in order to avoid that, I sunk my teeth further into his skin.

"Ahh! You stupid dirty mutt!" My eyes widened when Phalmus aimed the bow at me.

My heart was beating fast and I thought his arrow would hit my head but then Sapphire was suddenly on Phalmus' back, holding his bow. Sapphire grinned and threw his bow far away. "Bet you wish you had your sword, huh?"

"I will never surrender to a bunch of low lives!" He yelled before flying out of control. He was attempting to make me lose my grip on his leg and make Sapphire lose balance so we'd both fall to the ground.

Sapphire hissed and took this chance to sink her teeth into his neck. Phalmus screamed in pain before flying near a tree and repeatedly kicked it to make me fall. Phalmus was also trying to get Sapphire to remove her fangs but it was no use.

I grunted as I felt my body hit the tree from every kick. I felt myself weakening but I couldn't let it conquer me. Instead, once I made sure that the tree was close, I let go of his leg and safely landed on a big branch. Phalmus then suddenly spread his wings wide, forcing Sapphire to back away. But luckily, Sapphire was able to hold his right wing.