Chapter 44

Pearl.
As I placed my book down, I took a look at my surroundings and sighed. Amethyst has been very clingy to Vaye ever since Solous was beheaded. She'd often come to me or Angeline for company and I'd sometimes catch her so down in the dumps, it hurts to see her like that. I have a hunch she's overthinking about everything and I can't blame her, after what she went through.. but I just wished she'd open up to me. I didn't want to force her to open up, I figured she'd approach me on her own. Amethyst's literally my little sister by now, I want to be there for her.. but only if she wants me to..

Thus, here I am, relaxing once more in the comfort of the library. The smell of books, the peaceful silence and the view of vast knowledge were able to calm me down. I savored my few hours of freedom and solitude.. moments like this felt absolutely amazing.

Although I love my solitude.. I couldn't help but wish to be in the arms of my lover. But Eva was busy being a queen to her people.. I wanted to help her but she assured me she could handle it. I was a little worried as it was Eva but let's face it, Eva was still a queen even before she met me, she should already know what she's doing. She told me she'd be back though, after she has dealt with the council, her mother will take over once more whilst she comes home to her lover.

"I knew I'd find you here."

I turned around and was surprised to see the younger version of Weiss standing before me, a charming smile displayed on her face. Willow chuckled and approached me, she took a look at the book I was reading and hummed.

"William Shakespeare? You actually read the works of humans?"

I huffed, "I do not base knowledge on whatever creature you are.. if you are smart, then you are smart."

Willow chuckled and smiled at me, "For some reason, I knew you'd say that." I watched as she sat beside me and scanned the books scattered around the table.

"You've been busy." She stated, her eyes rather uninterested in the many books I have laid out for my daily reading. I've seen that look so many times from my dear friend, Sapphire and my lover, Eva.

"I like to feed my brain knowledge rather than go out and about unlike some people.." I mumbled the last part, mentally shaking my head at the thought of Sapphire goofing around as always.

Willow stood up and reached out her hand for me, "Come on, let's go out? Staying here in a dark library with absolutely no company can make you insane, you know?"

I sighed and stood up, "Perhaps but I can stand up on my own." Eva made it clear that physical contact with a supernatural other than my close friends is prohibited. Hearing this, Willow raised a brow before chuckling and nodding.

"Right. You should be thankful, instead of fucking some random girls, I'm here with you instead." She stated, looking away with a distant expression.

I stood up and neatly arranged my books before walking towards the exit. Somehow, I knew Willow chose me as her company for a reason.. she could have been with her sister, Weiss or her future sister in law, Sapphire and yet, she chose to approach me first.

"Dude, seriously? I was having my moment and you just left me like that." Willow whined as she caught up with me with a pout.

I gave her an assuring smile, whatever's bothering Willow, I must be a good friend and comfort her. "Let us talk over a cup of tea, mhm?"

Willow smirked, "Asking me out on a date, huh? Damn, Luna." I found it rather odd that Willow joked like this, she knew I was already taken by Eva and she still joked around like this.. seeing my unamused expression, Willow immediately laughed, "Chill! I'm just kidding, no one's taking you from wolfie."