Chapter 49

Angeline.
As we ate, I couldn't help but squirm uncomfortably. Lucilia was oddly being quiet, just a moment ago she was all confident and bold but suddenly.. she got all quiet and distant. I couldn't tell what's on her mind because she's so unpredictable, she could be thinking of murder and I wouldn't even know.. I wanted to start a conversation but I didn't know how. Lucilia and I didn't have a lot in common, in fact, I believe we're total opposites. Thus, because of this fact, I kept my mouth shut and kept eating. If Pearl were to see me like this, she would face palm for sure.

I glanced at Lucilia and caught her staring at me. Instead of looking away, she only continued staring at me which.. I found rather odd. Was there something on my face? Did I eat too pig-like? Was my make up gone from eating too much? Oh dear, I hope she doesn't get turned off.. I shouldn't have eaten that much but I.. I could not help it as the food was delicious. Will she hate me if I get too fat?

Lucilia's chuckle destroyed my overthinking, "Stop it, buffoon. I am merely admiring your beauty.. How I wonder why I haven't taken you yet when you were queen."

I looked down and fiddled my fingers, "You did not pay attention to me when I was queen.. I recall you saying I was too nice and boring.." It was true, Lucilia and I have met a lot of times in the past but unfortunately, she did not pay any attention to me. I remember our first meeting, she was with her succubi.. there were four of them in total and they were all sticking onto Lucilia like.. stickers?

We met because my.. uhm, the angels claimed that the demons have been provoking them for war and as queen, I took it seriously. I informed Lucilia and at first, she did not care but after a few pestering letters from Melphim, she eventually decided to meet with me. The meeting.. from what I can recall, did not go well. I was the only one talking and Lucilia did not take me seriously. I figured I was only being ridiculed so I left and asked Lucifer for help instead. That was the only time that Lucifer actually helped me and for that I was grateful.

"Why are you thinking of my brother when I am here right in front of you?" Lucilia asked, her tone irritated and her eyes glared at me.

I immediately cowered and shook my head, "I-I was.. I was just recalling o-our first meeting.."

"Fool, did you really think Lucifer would help you out of kindness? Ha! How absurd, he only offered to help you to gain your trust and favor once he initiates his plan to dethrone me. But unfortunately for him, you were dethroned instead. It is pathetic, really, for him to think he can dethrone his older sister." Lucilia stated, laughing. It was obvious that she was not at all threatened by her brother.

I gulped, "W-What if he s-sides with Gila-"

"He will not and he has not. I know him, he only sides with creatures who he deems as powerful. His mind is like mine, he does not see Gilan as powerful enough." My eyes widened.. then he.. he thought of me as powerful?

Reading my thoughts, Lucilia laughed once more, finding my thoughts amusing. "Hell no! Don't get your hopes up, darling. He thought of you as a queen, perhaps but not a powerful queen, rather a gullible and a very attractive queen."

I immediately frowned and sulked. Seeing my reaction, Lucilia chuckled and shook her head at me, "You're an adorable one. Out of all the ladies I've seen, you're undoubtedly the most beautiful and the most adorable."

How.. how in the world was she able to make me feel better instantly? Just a moment ago she was calling me gullible and now.. she's suddenly complimenting me. It felt.. it felt wonderful to be complimented by her like my heart really liked it, especially since it came from her directly. I'm developing rather strange feelings towards Lucilia. Although I could tell these feelings are of romance, I could not quite classify them as normal. From my years in heaven, I have encountered feelings of love but only love for heaven, for God, for the Saints, for all kinds and for the angels. I have never encountered this type of love.. the one where I just want to snuggle with Lucilia and.. and cook food with her, feed her with a spoon, I can massage her when she's tired, or maybe we could dance around silly, and the like.. that kind of love.