Chapter 46

Pearl.
As the scent of Eva and Willow began to get stronger, I howled loudly once more, I knew Eva could hear me. My only hope was Eva would feel the sadness in my howl, I was never a fan of violence and she knew that.. and yet, there she was going head to head against a trusted friend of mine. I would have understood if it was a fight against angels as they were the enemy but Willow? A fellow ally and Weiss' younger sister? She should have known better! She was the queen between the two of them.. she should have known better..

From my right, I heard Vaye yell out, "I can see them! Eva hasn't shifted yet but I can smell blood!" I growled and hurried after Vaye. Blood?! Blood will never be great news! Blimey..

Once we reached their location, I didn't care that Weiss was on my back, I hurriedly went between the two of them. I faced Eva who did not look surprised at all, instead, she held an expressionless face. I looked back at Willow and whimpered when I saw that she had deep scratches on her face and arms, it looked like she was the one losing..

Weiss got off my back and immediately healed Willow's cuts without sparing a glance at Eva. I knew deep inside, Weiss was trying to keep her cool, Willow was her only family member left and Eva harmed her family.. Vaye immediately approached Eva with a disappointed look.

Eva looked away, "What the fuck are you guys doing here?" Eyeing Eva, it looked like she was unharmed.. but it could be deceiving as her healing was faster than normal wolves.

Instead of answering Eva, I went behind a tree and waited for Weiss. Once Willow was healed, Weiss approached me and wordlessly placed my clothes in front of me before turning around and casting a spell.

"You can change now, no one will be able to see you."

I barked to thank her before closing my eyes and shifting back into my human form. After shifting, I immediately put on my clothes. I felt at ease with Weiss guarding me, it felt like anyone who takes a peek will be punished. Once I was fully clothed, Weiss nodded at me and we approached the three.

Eva and Willow were both silent whilst Vaye looked like a nagging mother between them. She was scolding them for being reckless and kept cursing their names. On any other day, I would've found this amusing but right now, I found it dissatisfying.

Once Vaye saw us, she shook her head, "These two aren't listening! It's like I'm talking to two brick walls!"

Before I could say or do anything, Weiss was suddenly in front of Eva and my eyes widened when I saw her slap my mate. I gritted my teeth and immediately went between the two, "You shouldn't have do-"

"No. I deserved it, Pearl. Actually, I deserve more than a slap." Eva stated as she looked down.

Weiss scowled, "If someone harmed your father, Pearl, what would you have done? And what would you have felt if that someone was a close friend of yours? She may be a friend but I will not tolerate anyone who dares to lay a finger on my beloved sister."

Willow placed a hand on Weiss' shoulder as if to calm her down. "It's okay, Weiss. While it may not be obvious, I harmed Eva too."

"But her healing abilities are way more advanced than yours, it was never a fair fight to begin with." Weiss countered, glaring at Eva.

Eva looked away, choosing to remain silent as Weiss continued to glare at her. I sighed, I didn't know what to do, I couldn't take Eva's side as that would be considered biased.. clearly both were in the wrong but Eva seemed to be more guilty than Willow.

Vaye shook her head at the two, "And this fight started because of what? Because of a girl? You two are royals, both of you should have known better than to fight over a stupid girl." I didn't know if Vaye was doing it on purpose or not so I rolled my eyes. I never asked them to fight over me, I didn't even want them to fight!