Chapter 19

Amethyst.
What in the world was happening? Earlier, it looked like Sapphire and Weiss were in an argument but after a few hours of them missing, they finally returned and it looked like they became even closer than before. Before that, Vaye and Eva were discussing about who knows what whilst Pearl was busy reading a book. Besides that, Angeline had her hands full with Lucilia who wanted to roam the kingdom but Vaye refrained her from doing so. I was so confused. While they were doing their own thing, I was just sitting in a corner, watching them. At times like this I felt utterly confused and useless but sometimes being the audience is better than being the actors.

"Human." I shrieked and looked at Lucilia with wide eyes. I didn't see her approaching me nor did I hear her footsteps. Does she not have feet or something? Lucilia gave me an amused look as she sat besides me.

"You and your vampire, you love each other, do you not?" Her question slightly confused me. I didn't know why it would be any of her business but since I was too much of a coward to ignore her, I answered.

"Yes, we do.."

She smirked, "So whatever you want, the vampire grants it?" I resisted the urge to raise an eyebrow. I think I already know where this is heading.. I reluctantly nodded in reply.

"Say, how about you convince your little mate to.. let me roam around for a bit? And I'll give you anything you want in return." Yikes, making a deal with the queen of demons? Um, no thanks.

"Not happening." I looked up and saw Weiss giving Lucilia an unamused look. Lucilia chuckled and stood up.

"Don't be so uptight around me, little witch. After all, you'll be receiving a blessing from me soon." Lucilia stated, a knowing smirk plastered on her face. Weiss' eyes started to turn to yellow which meant she was starting to get irritated.

Weiss clenched her fists but before she could do anything, Pearl appeared. "It's not worth it, Weiss. And we have much more important matters to discuss. So if you would all please stop acting like children and follow me."

Rolling her eyes, Weiss turned around and left the room. Pearl sighed and signaled Lucilia and I to follow her. Having no choice, I began to follow Pearl with Lucilia by my side. "Are you warming up to me, little wolf?" Lucilia asked, grinning at Pearl's back as the three of us walked.

"Not in a million years, demon."

Lucilia laughed, "Ha! I beg to differ."

"Stop this nonsense and focus." Pearl scolded Lucilia as she opened the door and went in. Lucilia and I followed after her. I kind of admire Pearl for having the guts to talk back to the queen of demons, herself. And she said it like she didn't care that she was talking to one of the most powerful beings in the world.

As we entered the room, I saw Vaye and Eva were already seated. Weiss was standing whilst she read a book, beside Weiss was Angeline who was just silently observing. Meanwhile, Sapphire was lying on the sofa with her eyes closed and her mouth in a small smile. What surprised me the most was the white haired beauty sitting on top of the table. She turned around and smiled at me.

I smiled back, "It's nice to see you again, Gaia."

"Likewise, Amethyst. I couldn't let you all carry the burden of the war all for yourselves. Of course I had to join in." She smirked and winked at me. I then noticed another woman next to Gaia.

Now I was even more surprised when I realized that the woman beside Gaia was the ancient vampire. She was the one who carelessly asked me about the war. The same ancient vampire who insulted us over and over. She had a lot of guts to come here, she knows most of us are angry with her, especially Pearl and Vaye. Gaia then noticed me eyeing the woman next to her.