Rising Queen: Chapter 14

Rising Queen: Together Forever

Amethyst Scott and Vaye Throwne.

Vaye's eyes widened and she was silent for a while. She looked like she couldn't believe what I said, I can't lie though, she looked really adorable. Her brows were furrowed and her mouth was slightly open. Her eyes seemed to be dazed which made her look even cuter. I didn't know what she was thinking about but I knew she had a lot of thoughts running at the same time. She might even try to tell me it's not the right time yet but I knew it was. I knew I was ready and I'm determined to go back home as a vampire. Vaye can say anything but I still won't change my mind. She knew how stubborn I can get so hopefully she'll think about it first.

Chuckling, I grabbed my dress and prepared to undress it but Vaye stopped me. Still a bit overwhelmed, Vaye asked, "W-What are you doing?"

"I thought we had to do the dirty first?" I wasn't really familiar with the process of turning. I didn't study it because I wanted it to be new and a complete shock to me. But I did assume that turning into a vampire included doing the dirty.

Vaye shook her head, "N-No, baby. Turning doesn't include that, only marking and mating includes sex. But I mean.. if you want, I'll find a room for us to do it." She gave me a sheepish smile.

I laughed, "Seriously? I'm your fiancée baby, you can have me any time you want."

"But your consent matters more than my wants." She replied, pouting at me. I giggled and kissed her cheek, to which she smiled.

"We'll talk about that later. Firstly, you have to turn me into a vampire now!" I exclaimed as I excitedly threw my hair back, exposing my neck.

Vaye gulped, "A-Are you sure? I-I don't want this to be a spur of the moment kind of thing." She looked really nervous all of a sudden and that concerned me.

"What's wrong, Vaye?" I asked as I cupped her cheeks and made her look at me.

She sighed, "I just.. don't want you to regret this. You're throwing your humanity away, Amethyst, and you will never have it back. You'll become immortal just like me and you'll develop a crazy craving for blood. You will be sacrificing a lot, Amethyst.. and.. if you do end up regretting this, I don't want you to hate me, I don't think I can live with that." She looked away, drowning.

I made her look at me again, then I smiled at her. I gave her a gentle kiss on the lips before pulling away. "Thank you for always taking care of me, Vaye. But I know what I'm doing. I want this, I want to live forever with you. I don't care about my humanity, I was never welcome in the human world anyways. I've found my home here and in the vampires. I guess.. in a way, I think vampires are more of a family to me than humans were. You're my family and you're my home. This is where my future is and this is where I belong. So no, I won't be regretting this decision, becoming a vampire is a choice that I'm making to be even happier."