Chapter 52

Angeline.
A week has passed since my date with Lucilia and our relationship changed gradually, even my friends have noticed this. They noted that Lucilia become more caring towards me as they would often see Lucilia helping me and always making sure that I am alright. Other than that, Lucilia has also been very vocal regarding her opinions of me. She often tells me how much she admires me, how my beauty hypnotizes her and most of all, how much she craves me. All of this change was undoubtedly good.. but it didn't feel quite right to me. Why do I feel that Lucilia's changing herself for my sake?

She was being too nice.. frighteningly too nice. And although I appreciate that she may be doing it for my sake.. I liked it better when she was being herself, like how she was on our date. I felt like I was given a glimpse of who Lucilia really was on our date but then it changed. She said she would not hold back.. but what she's doing is quite the opposite. She's holding back more than she used to. I just wish I knew what she was thinking.. it's still so hard for me to comprehend her mind and her actions.

Oh my Lucilia, just what are you doing?

"What are you doing?" I jumped in surprise and looked at my right to see Pearl giving me a confused look.

"The demon has been calling your name but you were not responding thus I came to check on you. Are you alright, Angeline?" Pearl asked, her brows furrowed and her lips shaped in a thin line.

I slowly nodded, "I-I am.. I'm sorry for bothering you, Pearl."

"No friend of mine is a bother." Pearl stated, chuckling before picking up a wooden sword on the ground and handing it to me. "Good luck on your training." I thanked her in reply as I took the sword from her.

I clenched my sword tightly as I made my way to Lucilia who waited for me patiently. Today was a training day and I was originally to be trained by Vaye as she knew my capabilities as a human but Lucilia insisted on training me instead. Looking around me, it seems like all of the queens have decided to train their respective mates. Vaye was teaching Amethyst archery with.. kisses? Weiss was beating up Sapphire for running around in her.. underwear. Whilst Pearl was yelling at Eva for peeing in the bushes in her wolf form. Well.. uhm, although I was out of words, this was a normal day in the castle.

"They all look like idiots, don't they?" Lucilia stated, chuckling as she observed the others as well.

I slowly shook my head, "They're just having fun.. I think."

"Well then, shall we have fun as well?" Before I could reply, Lucilia sneaked behind me and took my sword. I gasped and turned around to see her smirking at me.

"My, you have to be alert, beautiful. Just a simple glance away can cost you your life." She grinned at me before throwing me the sword. Luckily I was able to catch the sword before it lands on my face.

"Let's start with what you already know. Since you were once a queen, a beautiful queen at that, I suppose you know some basic swordsmanship?" Lucilia asked, getting ready in position.

I blushed and shook my head whilst looking down, "I-I was uhm.. well versed in angelic combat.. it's the ability to combine angelic power to physical combat. But I rarely used my powers as you already know, I dislike violence. The Saints who raised me condemned violent words and actions.."

Lucilia nodded, "I understand, love. Then I shall teach you the basics of hand to hand combat first before the art of swordsmanship. It's important to learn hand to hand combat before anything else to ensure that you will not be defenseless if you happen to lose your weapon. Thus, to understand any other weapon, you must first be knowledgeable about your main weapon which are your hands."