Chapter Forty-Nine

Chapter forty-nine

Srishti stirred in her sleep as she felt a pair of strong hands pulling her closer to a warm body. She lazily opened her eyes and it took her a few moments to register where she was.

In someone's arms.

Her husband's arms to be precise.

And then the memories of previous night came rushing back. She didn't know what to feel. A part of her was happy and shy for she knew she had started falling for her husband and couldn't deny it.

But another part of her was worried. She didn't know what Sahil felt or he just used her to satisfy his desires. She had no idea if he even looked at her as if wife. What if it was just another night for him and behaves indifferently after waking up?

These thoughts were giving her a headache and she could feel her heart clench.

Before her thoughts tortured her further, Sahil slightly shifted as he pulled her close again and rested his face in the crook of her neck. She could feel his hot breath and despite her trying to control, it gave her goosebumps.

Thankfully, she wasn't completely naked under the blanket and wearing his shirt. She tried to sneak away, by removing his hand from her waist, slowly and carefully, to not wake him up but luck wasn't on her side.

Sahil threw his hand around her waist and jerked her towards him making her gasp.

"Sahil," She gulped as her hands rested on his bare chest. His right leg came over hers, trapping her successfully in his hold.

"Stay." He mumbled snuggling close to her. She was stunned. Was he the same Sahil Malhotra? Since when did he like to cuddle?

"If you continue doing that, I won't hesitate to take you again right now." His hoarse voice reached her ears and she sucked in a breath.

Completely mortified, she looked at him wide eyed whereas he only pointed at her hands which were currently drawing random patterns on his chest.

Blushing, she took her hands back and avoided his eyes. He sighed before taking her hands and placing them back on his chest.

"I never said you could take them back." He ordered and she made a face. What the hell did he want? Bipolar Malhotra.

"Sahil," She called out after a minute of silence and he hummed in response.

"What are we? Where does our relationship stand after last night?" She finally asked staring at his chest, not having the courage to look into his eyes.

His hold on her waist tightened slightly and she felt him unconsciously caress her skin through his shirt which made her shiver.

"What do you want me to say, Srishti? We are not a normal couple and cannot have feelings in just one night." He started and she felt her heart breaking but he continued, "I'm not saying that what happened was because we were driven by hormones. All I'm saying is, I know I feel something for you but it won't be easy for me."

She didn't say a word and it made him slightly anxious. He held her chin and made her look up and seeing tears in her eyes, he hugged her close. She sniffed, snuggling into him and feeling safe in his arms.