Chapter Three

Chapter three

Srishti entered the lavish building and looked at the interiors nervously. She had never been to such a high maintenance place and she had no idea why had she landed here, when she had merely received a message that the owner of this company could help save her orphanage.

She had been desperate to save her home, her children's home and if this was the last hope then she was ready. She would do anything to save her orphanage.

Walking inside, she searched for the reception and once she found it, she directly went upto her and asked for the boss's office.

"Do you have an appointment?" The receptionist asked arrogantly and Srishti fumbled for an answer. She surely didn't have an appointment and what would she say? She got a message saying that the owner of this company would help her get back her orphanage? Or that she had no idea who was this company's owner?

"I─" Before she could answer, Rohit came there and looked at the receptionist who now plastered a sweet smile on her face.

"Srishti, right?" Ignoring the receptionist's flirty looks he looked at Srishti who just nodded being tongue tied.

"That text was sent by me. Mr. Malhotra is waiting for you. I'll take you there." He said politely and she gave him a grateful smile.

As they reached outside his cabin, he knocked and a 'come in' was heard from the other side. Rohit smiled and gestured her to step inside. She smiled nervously at him and after thanking him, she stepped inside.

She gasped when she saw his office because honestly it was too dreamy for her. But she shouldn't focus on all this now. Shaking her head, she looked at the man who was now observing her intently. It made her uncomfortable but she could not do anything about it.

"You can sit." He said and she obliged looking anywhere but at him. She wasn't scared of him but intimidated, definitely. He had this aura around him that made it impossible for her to get comfortable.

"So, Ms. Srishti, you know that you are here because you want to save your orphanage and I'm ready to help you." He started in his business like tone and she looked at him with a serious expression.

"I just have a make one call and your orphanage will be saved." He declared but she didn't jump in happiness like he had expected instead she just stared at him.

"But why? Why are you helping me? What do you want in return?" She asked and he was certainly impressed because she looked all naive and innocent but she was smart.

"I don't like beating around the bush so I'll come straight to the point. I want a child from you without marriage." He announced and gauged her expressions which gave away nothing.

"So you want to get me pregnant and then give away my child to you?" She asked after two minutes and he felt a deja vu. Her gaze didn't waiver a bit as he leaned forward.

"My child," He corrected before continuing, "I want a heir for my company but I don't believe in marriage, so this arrangement." He explained while she calculated something in her mind.

"But what about me?" She finally asked the question that had been bugging her. He raised one eyebrow as if asking what about her?