Chapter Fifty

Chapter fifty

"I have a news for you. Your IVF treatment was not even started. You were fooled by your husband."

This message had been driving Srishti crazy. She received a message from an unknown number this morning and at first she was confused but later, it scared her. Who the hell sent it? And how did the person know about all this? No one knows about their son or her for that matter. Is this some kind of trap?

She was terrified and informing Sahil about the same, was the only thing she could come up with. Or she could go to the hospital and confirm about it.

She looked at Ayaansh who was busy playing and her heart clenched. Screwing her eyes shut, she calmed herself before she came to a conclusion.

She was going to the hospital.

So she got ready and left with Ayaansh to find her answers. She was sure it was all fake and something akin to destroy Sahil's image, but she wouldn't allow that. Not at her cost.

As she reached there, she looked for the doctor who had done the treatment and was asked to wait for twenty minutes.

"Mrs. Malhotra, you can go in." She was called and asked to in. With a shaky breath, she got up and moved towards the cabin as Ayaansh continued playing with her hair.

As she entered inside hesitantly, the doctor looked up and instantly his face paled.

"Mrs. Malhotra?" He gulped remembering her case clearly because not everyday someone threatened you to fake an IVF treatment.

"Hello, doctor. You might not remember me but I was one of your patient, a few months ago. My IVF results had been negative, if you recall." Srishti was closely looking at his expressions and he seemed nervous and scared all of a sudden.

It made her suspicious.

"Uh─I─I'm sorry but I can't recollect. Do you have any specific reason for visiting?" He desperately wanted her to leave, one, because his reputation was at stake and two, her husband was scary and crazy and he clearly didn't want to get involved with the same man again.

"I know you're hiding something about my case. So you better tell me what it is or I'll have to resort to other way." She warned him but the truth was, she had no other way. She was just bluffing but it worked as he started sweating profusely.

"Stop please!" He cried out holding his head.

"Your husband has already threatened me. Now it's you. What have I done to both of you. I shouldn't have taken your case in the first place." He regretted it but she sat there frozen even when Ayaansh tried to gain her attention, she couldn't even look at him.

Your husband has already threatened me.

These words kept ringing in her ears and she found it difficult to breathe. She hugged Ayaansh close to her, who giggled innocently.

"What ─Why did he threaten you?" She mustered up the courage to ask him but she didn't knew if she could hear the answer.

He sighed defeated, and looked straight at her.

"Mr. Malhotra asked me to give him 100% guarantee that after the procedure, the result would come out positive which was not possible and I couldn't do that. So," he paused and Srishti could only hold her breath before he continued, "he threatened me, that either I give him the guarantee or he'll destroy my career and this hospital. I panicked and asked me what he wanted and he asked me not to plant the embryos inside you. And so I didn't." He completed and Srishti felt numb.