Chapter Seventeen

Chapter seventeen

Sahil sat in his study working on an important project when his phone rang. He adjusted his bluetooth and answered the call as his eyes remained on his laptop.

"Yes, Rohit." He said as his fingers worked on the keyboard. He sure was managing all the work from work but it wasn't that easy considering he couldn't keep an eye on what was happening back at the company.

"Sir, I hope you remember that you have to attend Mr. Malik's business party today at 8 pm." Rohit reminded and Sahil's hand stopped in mid air.

"When did you ever inform me about this?" His chilling tone was enough for Rohit to stutter on the other end.

"S─Sir, I informed you about it yesterday night and you asked me to remind you today." Rohit prayed to God that he would remember about it and spare him.

Sahil vaguely remembered about his call and just hummed making Rohit sigh in relief.

"Also, sir you'll have to take a partner along." Came Rohit's nervous voice through the phone and Sahil raised his eyebrows.

"What for?" He questioned back and Rohit cursed Sahil a thousand times in his head.

"Well, sir that's the theme of the party, no stag entry allowed and if you won't go then Mr. Malik may get upset." Sahil sighed at the information and thought about it.

Mr. Malik had been a good investor in his projects for more than ten years now and he couldn't risk his relation with him which left him with the only option to attend his party, that too, with a partner.

"Then arrange a partner for me." He dropped the bomb on Rohit because he thought that Sahil would take Srishti along but was so wrong.

"Sure sir." He agreed without another word and Sahil disconnected the call.

He could've taken Srishti along but that would be too much risk for her and his reputation altogether. They weren't married and neither in any kind of relationship to be seen together. Of course she was the mother of his unborn child but that information was only for him and not for the rest of the world.

────────

Aditya had taken a stop at Malhotra mansion since he was invited at Malik's party as well. Sahil was all ready when he came down and saw Aditya sitting in the living room.

He moved towards him and seeing him Aditya stood up giving him a smile.

"All ready to go?" Aditya asked and Sahil only nodded in reply.

"Where is your partner?" Sahil asked seeing him alone and Aditya only shrugged.

"Will meet me directly at the party." Sahil smirked knowing Aditya had done the same, asking his secretary to arrange the partner for him.

"Let's go." Both Sahil and Aditya turned towards the source of the voice because they surely had not said this.

It was Srishti.

She came out of her room with an excited look on her face followed by Greta. Sahil watched her closely and wondered where she was going at this hour of the night. She stopped abruptly seeing him in the room and her eyes then darted towards Aditya.