Chapter Seven

Chapter seven

Within two days Srishti was injected with the medication after which her eggs were retrieved and Sahil's sperm was taken to the lab. They were asked to wait for minimum five days until the embryos were formed.

Five days later they were called and the embryos were planted inside Srishti's uterus after which she was asked to rest. Because the chances of getting pregnant are minimum they would plant two - three embryos and Srishti was informed about the same.

After everything was done, Srishti and Sahil were asked to wait for two weeks and then the pregnancy test would be done by them. Amidst all this, Sahil appeared to be least bothered and it was somewhere weird for her because it was him who wanted a child, not her. But she chucked it off because when did he seem interested.

Sahil left for his work after that and Srishti informed him that she'll be visiting her 'Hope'.

Once she got there, as she had expected all the kids screamed in excitement at her return. She hugged them all and had a nice chat with them while Zevah just stared at them with a smile.

This orphanage was solely Srishti's responsibility but now that she had to be at Malhotra mansion, Zevah had promised her that she will be taking care of them until she returns.

"Zevah," Srishti called as she walked towards her, smiling. They hugged each other before Zevah took her in a room to know about the progress.

"What is happening?" Zevah asked looking at her face which didn't show any kind of distress. She just looked kinda nervous.

"We are going for the IVF treatment." She announced nervously and Zevah's eyes widened.

"So you aren't going to ─" Zevah left the sentence incomplete and waited for her to complete it but Srishti just nodded a no. Zevah grinned widely and jumped upon her, startling her.

"That's such a wonderful news. But how did he agree because as far as I know, he's never taken a step back for anyone." She asked with a confused face while Srishti frowned as well.

"You know him?" Srishti asked back and Zevah rolled her eyes at her innocent question. She surely was unaware of the world.

"Srishti, he's 'The Sahil Malhotra'; the Billionaire; the owner of Malhotra company and the favourite gossip material for the media." Zevah sighed and Srishti had her mouth hung open. Was he that famous?

"Why didn't you tell me before? What if the media comes to know about this contract? What about me? This orphanage? Everything will be exposed." She panicked and Zevah gave her a helpless look.

"This is why I was angry in the first place. You are too naive for this world and talk to him about this. Okay?" Srishti just nodded with a worried look on her face.

────────

Sahil was sitting on his chair relaxed and a smirk lingered on his lips as he recalled his conversation with the doctor before they were going to plant the embryos into he uterus.

He walked inside the doctor's cabin like he owned it and sat on the chair.

"Do you need something Mr. Malhotra? The embryos are ready and it'll be quick." The doctor informed but he was least interested.