Chapter Thirty-Nine

Chapter thirty-nine

Aditya gripped her arm and pulled her closer to himself and ignoring her gasp of surprise, he encircled his arms around her tiny frame. As if it was the most natural thing to do, he bent down and pressed a kiss on her head before resting his chin on top of it.

Zevah tensed at first but later relaxed and hugged him back. They stayed in that position for few more minutes before Zevah realized what she was doing and moved back. She looked around feeling awkward and embarrassed for ranting out everything to him but it also felt good.

"Zevah, there's nothing to be embarrassed about. Infact I'm thankful that you were comfortable enough to share it with me. So, it's okay." Aditya spoke seeing her face and she looked at him with something akin to admiration.

"So then why did they call you now? What do they want?" Aditya tried to sound normal when on the inside, he wanted to punch somebody.

"For marriage, of course. They've selected a groom for me again." She sighed and the way she said it so casually had him boiling.

"The fuck? And you're okay with that?" He snapped and she glared at him.

"Did you find my reaction back then okay?" She fired back and he mellowed down feeling guilty for snapping at her.

"I'm sorry, I just ─I'm worried about you." He said softly and she relaxed as well.

"Aditya, I know you're worried for me but please don't get involved in this." She pleaded and he let out a humourless laugh.

"Everything related to you will always concern me, Zevah , so don't tell me not to get involved because I was involved the moment you shared it all with me." He walked away after that and she was irked by his behaviour.

The last time someone tried to help her, it cost her everything. It was Srishti who had tried to help her before when they were on her back to get married and they threatened her with the orphanage. It would've been okay if it was just a threat but it wasn't. Turned out Mr. Mittal was sent by her father and he wasn't kidding about destroying everything.

Her father wasn't really a big shot but he had enough connections to bring her down any moment. She didn't know if Aditya was more powerful than her father but she didn't want him to get hurt or lose anything just because of her.

────────

Two days later, Srishti was normal and she actually wanted to go out to explore. She was in a different country altogether, couldn't miss the chance to know about it.

"Sahil, I want to go out today." She exclaimed in an excited tone rather which caused him to look up from his laptop.

The past two days, Sahil had been more attentive towards her and even if it was because of her periods, she liked it. She was slowly getting more and more comfortable around him and maybe he was too.

"And where would that be?" He arched his left eyebrow and I gave him a look saying how-would-I-know-when-you-are-the-one-who's-been-to-Berlin.

He rolled his eyes and went back to his laptop making me frown.

"Fine, I'll go with my baby." She stomped her foot and left but that definitely got his attention. If Ayaansh goes, his father does too.