Chapter Thirty-Seven

Chapter thirty-seven

Srishti had been going crazy because of a certain someone. He was behaving a lot weirder by each passing day and she felt like the old, cold guy was better. At least he never confused her.

"Srishti, I forgot to inform you, I have a meeting in Germany next week so we'll be leaving on Sunday. I'm not going to leave you both here so keep your bags ready." This was two days ago, he ordered her and there was no room for any further discussion. Today was Friday and she still wasn't sure if he was being serious. 

"Ayaansh, baby what do we do? Should we pack our bags or not?" She asked Ayaansh who was busy playing with his toys. Huffing she sat on the bed and wondered why was she hesitant about going with him. She was thankful that he wasn't around or else she would've been a mess. 

After he had asked her to call him by his name, she could only stare at him dumbfounded. He's never objected before when she was used to call him Mr. Malhotra then why now? What changed? And she was so not comfortable going with the first name basis. 

Her phone rang disturbing her chain of thoughts. 

"Hello?"

"Are you done packing?" 

She sighed and massaged her temple. 

"Mr. Malhotra, do you really want us to come?" She asked and heard nothing from the other end. 

"Srishti, I told you to call me Sahil and if you don't want to come then I can only take Ayaansh with me." He sounded annoyed and Srishti scowled on the phone. He was such a monster!

"Fine. I'll pack our bags." She said angrily and he knew she was scowling on the other end. 

"And by our, I meant mine and Ayaansh's, not yours." She hung up after that and he smirked slightly keeping his phone aside. Why was he doing this, he had no idea but he couldn't just leave them behind even when there were no known threats right now, he couldn't take chances.

He knew it was going to be a lot more difficult once he would expose them to the world but he knew he had to. 

Sighing he shook his head before going back to his work. He would take care of all that when he was home. 

────────

When he got home at around eight, he found Srishti reading a book and Ayaansh watching the song 'Baby Shark Do Do' on her phone. He also noticed the bags kept on one side of the room.

He freshened up and sat beside Ayaansh who was still engrossed in the phone.

"Hey," Sahil called Ayaansh who didn't pay attention to him and continued to watch his favourite song. When Sahil tried another two times, Ayaansh grew annoyed and let out a scream shoving him away.

He heard a chuckle and turned to Srishti who pretended to read but the smile on her face was visible. He narrowed his eyes and sat up straight staring at her.

Srishti knew he was purposely doing this to make her uncomfortable and after some time when she couldn't take it, she shut her book and gave him a pointed look.