Chapter Sixteen

Chapter sixteen

Four months passed and Srishti was more than happy in these months because she had Greta and Zevah by her side always. Unfortunately for her, Sahil was staying home, the reason of which is still unknown to her but he hadn't made his presence too known even though he was living with her.

The one thing that made her guilty was avoiding Aditya. He used to visit the mansion quite often but every time she would see him, she would either avert her eyes or leave the room.

It wasn't as if he tried talking to her as well. He kept his distance from her and she did the same, although unwillingly.

She tried to concentrate only on herself and the baby and it was successful to quite extent. A small yet visible bump was seen now that she was 17 weeks pregnant and when Zevah had seen it she couldn't stop gushing over it.

It felt like the tiny being inside her had already wrapped everyone around her/his pinky figure except the father of course because she doubted it he had even noticed the bump.

"Srishti, let's go we'll get late for the yoga classes." Greta called out and Srishti sighed shutting her book and looking up. She remembered how Sahil had ordered to get a yoga instructor at the mansion itself but she had refused because she wanted to go out and know other mothers as well. It would be refreshing and after arguing alot he had agreed. Right now, she had been too drowned in the book to notice the time.

She was reading a book named 'How to stop worrying and start living' and it was intriguing. Although she found all books interesting because why not, she was a book lover and every time she started one she wouldn't be able to stop.

"Coming Greta." She replied and carefully got up keeping a hand on her belly.

In these past months she had refused Greta to help her in everything because she couldn't be dependent on anyone. She didn't want anyone supporting her atleast physically in every step she took because she knew she had to leave and then it would be difficult for her in the future.

So as much as she could, she did all her work by herself and where she couldn't, Greta would come into the picture.

Just as she reached near the door she found Sahil standing there. She looked at him and he did the same. Slowly his eyes travelled downwards and he stared at the slight bump. Srishti noticed this and realised that she had been wrong. He did notice it before but didn't show it.

Another thing she had understood was, Sahil deliberately avoided showcasing his emotions or rather he was fine with keeping his emotions in check. He was always cold, expressionless and a detached man but now that he stood infront of her staring at her belly she swore she had seen a trace of warmth in his eyes which was gone as soon as it came.

He although wasn't there with her physically or emotionally but he somewhere had made his presence known because even without her asking he had arranged everything for her first sonogram test so that she wouldn't have any discomfort. He surely didn't accompany her to the hospital, Zevah, Greta and even Aditya had been there but he didn't bother coming. But since she had no expectations from him it didn't hurt her that much.

She would never forget that first experience where she listened to her baby's heartbeat and it was the most soothing sound she had heard, ever. Zevah had been with her and both had cried holding each other's hand.