Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter twenty-seven

Two months flew by with constant bickering, horrifying mood swings, a little tears here and there, some playfulness from  Aditya's side, some shopping spree with Zevah and so much more.

After the kiss Sahil and Srishti had shared on the gay fiasco, Sahil was back to being cold but he wasn't that distant. He was typically the Sahil Malhotra, she once knew.

Srishti was in her last month of pregnancy and she could deliver the baby any time, so she was advised to be extra careful which Sahil, Aditya and Zevah took care of.

"Mr. Malhotra," Srishti called out sitting on the bed while a sigh was heard the next moment.

"I'm right beside you, Srishti." Sahil stated and she smiled sheepishly. Seems like it had become a habit to call out his name without acknowledging whether he was near or far.

"I just need to use your laptop." She demanded and he stared at her. When he made no movement to pass her the same, her eyebrows furrowed and lips set in a thin line.

"Why do you need it?" He questioned and it irked her more. She rather glared at him before she looked away huffing.

"I want it. Why can't you give it to me?" She retorted and he just stared at her with a questioning gaze.

"What is there so important in your laptop that you don't want to give it? Do you think I'm going to invade your privacy? Or do you think I'm going to mess up with your important files? Do you think I'm a ki─" She gasped suddenly keeping a hand on her bump and Sahil sat up straight.

"What happened? Are you fine? Should we go to the hospital?" He asked in a concerned tone and she wasn't surprised at his concern because although he didn't show any of his emotions for her, he surely did for his child.

"The baby just kicked." She sighed and caressed her belly with a smile. This was the first time that their baby had reacted to something and it was overwhelming.

"Really?" Sahil asked staring at her bump and she shook her head knowing he was keen on experiencing it but won't take a step ahead by himself. So she took his hand and kept it on her belly.

"Sahil Malhotra, you're such an arrogant person but you're going to be an amazing father." She spoke and the baby kicked. Sahil's surprised eyes met her smiling ones and he lowered his head some more towards her bump.

"I hope to be a good father." He had whispered so softly that if she wasn't listening closely then she wouldn't have known it as well. Or maybe he didn't want her to listen but she knew he pretended that she didn't hear it and moved back.

"Here," She watched as he gave her his laptop and moved out of the room after that.

As she sat there staring at his laptop, all she could think about was his words. Why didn't he believe every time she said he would become an amazing father?

────────

Zevah sighed in exasperation and rested her head on the desk. She was tired. Tired of running away from him and his feelings. But more than that, she was running away from her own feelings.

Aditya had been nothing but good to her and she was just acting stubborn. He had ofcourse been acting distant the past few weeks but he was not to be blamed. It was her.